Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CabotB
Paper Tape
Views: 2,142
Message 1 of 5

A720 Won't Boot; SSD Replacement Help

I have an A720 IdeaCentre that was taking a long time to boot, then stopped booting all together. I still get power, the fan runs, but nothing appears on the screen.

To remedy this, I tried replacing the Samsung HD with a Crucial MX200 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5". I did a one-for-one swap of the two parts, putting the new SSD and what I think is the spacer into the old carrier (metal with holes). I also put the Samsung's rubber bumpers onto the new drive and spacer. Same result: powers on, no boot. I haven't even been able to install Windows.

Have I done something wrong (wrong part, forgot a step)? Or does this point to a different issue? If I can provide more info, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Guru
Views: 2,015
Message 2 of 5

Re: A720 Won't Boot; SSD Replacement Help

If you tried a new hard drive, the issue might be in the BIOS. Reset all settings to default, clear the residue CMOS battery. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

49ER
Paper Tape
Views: 1,930
Message 3 of 5

Hello, How do i access the bios on m y A720 AIO? THANKS GEORGE
Guru
Views: 1,927
Message 4 of 5

Try continously pressing F11 or F12 at bootup

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

49ER
Paper Tape
Views: 1,923
Message 5 of 5

Awesome, thank you.
Top Kudoed Authors