Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petter
Paper Tape
Views: 2,840
Message 1 of 5

A740 - Remove Base Cover

Hi,

I am trying to remove the base cover of an A740 model, but it seems virtually impossible. The cover seems to be one piece and will simply not slide off. The hardware, manual, in this case, is not giving me any leads. Anyone had luck with this and who could possibly give some help?

Thanks

Petter

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,819
Message 2 of 5

Re: A740 - Remove Base Cover

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Petter !

I'm not an owner of your model, but I will try to help.  When you attempt to remove the cover are you lifting it straight up before trying to remove it?  Also did you remove the 8 screws at the locations shown in the manual ?

Here is a Lenovo Training Video that demonstrates removing the base cover on the A720 model.  The only difference in removing the cover between the A740 and the A720 is that the A720 has 7 screws instead of the 8 on your model.

Here is the link for the A720 Training Video for your reference.  Scroll down and select the topic on Base Cover.

https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=549&key=TGVuZw==

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

BenMc
What's DOS?
Views: 2,787
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I am having a similar issue but my base seems to be different to that shown in the manaul for the A740. I have four screws none of which are on the coners on the base and 6 screws that seems to be for the base? 

I tried removing the all and still couldn't get the base removed. I have found nothing online matching my base in terms of the screw position etc. ? 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,781
Message 4 of 5

@BenMc wrote:

Hi,

I am having a similar issue but my base seems to be different to that shown in the manaul for the A740. I have four screws none of which are on the coners on the base and 6 screws that seems to be for the base? 

I tried removing the all and still couldn't get the base removed. I have found nothing online matching my base in terms of the screw position etc. ? 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

I am assuming that you have the A740 model as well?   If you removed all the screws from the base then it should be loose.  I am wondering if there isn't plastic catches that hold the cover in place besides the screws.  In an inconspicuous place like on the backside try using a small screwdriver to lightly pry the top of the cover slightly out and up from the bottom piece.  If you have a tapered plastic probe that tool would be even better.  If there are plastic catches it shouldn't require much force or prying to release them. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Johanowitz
What's DOS?
Views: 2,720
Message 5 of 5

Problem solved!

You have to remove the rubber feet on the base. Underneath you will find the remaining 4 screws that have to be removed before you can remove the base cover. 

You can use a small flat screwdriver to pry loose the rubber feet. They will attach nicely to the base once you are done. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors