Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radar103
Fanfold Paper
Views: 192
Message 1 of 4

AIO700 24ish Loud Pop and Dead after 3 weeks

I was really enjoying the new AIO 700 until it let out a loud pop, whif of something burning, and went black. Now the power button doesn't even light up. When I bought it, I was suppossed to have next day 'in home' service. Evidently this is not really the case if they can't diagnose the problem over the phone. It had to be sent in for repairs. One week tomorrow, no status update yet. Now I'm worried about the long term reliabilty. Just saying..... not feeling the love anymore. 

Guru
Views: 183
Message 2 of 4

Re: AIO700 24ish Loud Pop and Dead after 3 weeks

I've had a great experience with my Lenovo products and Lenovo support. Because of your issue, I don't think that they can do an on site repair since they don't know what is wrong, so sending it in is the best course of action I believe. If you still haven't received an update, you can check the depot repair status online with your case number or just contact Lenovo support. I hope it goes well. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Radar103
Fanfold Paper
Views: 111
Message 3 of 4

I was the first person to review the AIO700 24ish on the product site. I loved the PC at first and gave it a glowing review. After 3 weeks of use, it gave off a loud pop, a smell of burnt electronics and died. Next day in home service guarantee does not really mean anything in a case like this. I actually had to send it back to their Level 2 service. After a week there, the unit was returned to me. When I got it back, supposedly repaired, the Intel RealSense camera did not work. I also could hear what sounded like a couple loose screws rolling around in the case whenever I moved the AIO. I was very disappointed, especially since this was not even the regular factory service but a higher level of engineering service. At that point they offered to replace the AIO but no longer had a equivalent model readily available to ship to me. Instead, they gave me a full refund on the PC. I was so disappointed having waited for months for this model to come out. I have since purchased another brand of PC and try not to look back.

Guru
Views: 107
Message 4 of 4

Sorry you had such a bad experience, but glad it was eventually solved. Defects do happen because Lenovo makes so many computers. In my experience, Lenovo products last the longest; comparing to Dell, HP, and Toshiba. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors