cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjhayes1
Punch Card
Views: 1,677
Message 1 of 11

AMLI: ACPI BIOS error in event log (since brand new)

I received my new AIO 700-27ISH All-in-One (ideacentre) first week of August and have been having a few issues with stability every since I began using it.  In my event log I find this error has persisted since the computer was brand new which means it must have shipped to me with this problem.

Even 4, ACPI

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0x70), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

I have checked the Lenovo support site and  confirmed the installed BIOS version is the current offered from lenovo.  I even reflashed it from Lenovo site just to make sure and still same error. 

Anyone familiar with this issue and how to get it resolved?

Here is some addition system info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-1UPOOTL
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model F0BD002JUS
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU LENOVO_MT_F0BD_BU_LENOVO_FM_ideacentre AIO 700-27ISH
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO O1KKT35AUS, 3/12/2016
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 1.20
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.589"
User Name DESKTOP-1UPOOTL\bjhay
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 12.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.4 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,655
Message 2 of 11

Re: AMLI: ACPI BIOS error in event log (since brand new)

This is something that is probably fixed by upgrading the BIOS to the latest release, which is Version: O1KKT35A dated    3/16/2016.    To view what BIOS version you have currently intalled, you will need to enter Setup during bootup, usually by pressing F12 when powering up.

That said, unfortunately Lenovo chooses to not include any information in the readme.txt on what is fixed by its BIOS updates; and since their BIOS updates sometimes have a habit of leaving the systems bricked (e.g. unbootable), I would contact Lenovo support by phone and have them verify that the latest BIOS update will indeed fix the error you are seeing, and that if the BIOS upgrade leaves your system unbootable, they have the parts "in stock" to repair your system under warranty.

Good Luck,

bjhayes1
Punch Card
Views: 1,638
Message 3 of 11

I did update the BIOS from the Lenovo support site.  I'm not sure why my system info shows a date a few days older than the date on the Lenovo site.  

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,636
Message 4 of 11

The date is not that important, just the BIOS version...the date on Lenovo's site might just be the date they posted the file.

Did the error go away after upgrading the BIOS?    

bjhayes1
Punch Card
Views: 1,630
Message 5 of 11

I updated the BIOS from the Lenovo site several days ago.  The version is the same as was original on the machine but I updated anyway.  No change.. Error persists every time I start the computer.

I've had HP's for years and never experienced such issues.  And this BIOS conflict is not the only one that came with my new machine.  I have another post about event log error for a hardware conflict regarding PCI that shows to be there since the first day I received my new machine. 

bjhayes1
Punch Card
Views: 1,585
Message 6 of 11

Today I opened an SR (SR# 8007780742) with Lenovo on this issue and will hopefully have a resolution to report in the near future.  Will update this thread as things progress.

bjhayes1
Punch Card
Views: 1,559
Message 7 of 11

Finally had a chance to call Lenovo and discuss the issue.  They are scheduling an onsite tech to come repair my machine.  I'm not sure what the tech will repair or replace since the email I received said they don't do any software or system troubleshooting.  I guess we will see.  But this is getting old fast

bjhayes1
Punch Card
Views: 1,537
Message 8 of 11

Tech called this morining and said he has an order to replace the motherboard.  I'm not sure how replacing the motherboard will fix the issue but have him scheduled to do it later this week.  I have read many posts (and there are a lot of them dating back to XP) about this type of error and seems the fix was almost always a new BIOS update.  

Will see what happens I guess.  

bjhayes1
Punch Card
Views: 1,461
Message 9 of 11

Tech came out to replace the motherboard but when he went to install the new board it would not boot.  The new board was DOA.

He scheduled a new appointment and was ordering another new motherboard... PLUS a new CPU and all new memory modules.  

When he removed the old board he noticed the battery holder for CMOS battery was loose and actually 'fell off' during the board removal.  He was able to temporarily repair this while we wait for more new parts to arrive.

In the meantime... I called Lenovo to request a new machine since so much was having to be replacied on such an expensive new machine.  They agreed but could not find a replacment PC comparable to the specs on this one so have offered to refund my money and will take the computer back

bjhayes1
Punch Card
Views: 1,387
Message 10 of 11

It's been 13 days since Lenovo received my computer back and I am still waiting on my refund.  

The case manager (Jason has never responded to any of my attempts for communication and the phone number they gave me is no longer in service... go figure.  

I finally spoke to someone again by calling technical support (again) and asking them to pull up my case file.  They confirmed my refund has been approved and is expected to be mailed to me any day.. (yes..  they basically said 'check is in the mail).. Despite the fact that it was suppose to be an electronic file transfer directly to my bank account which I provided all the routing info to them per the case manager request several weeks ago.  I guess time will tell.  I will give them another day or so and call again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors