Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstirrat
What's DOS?
Views: 178
Message 1 of 3

Aura asks me to upgrade every day even if I perform the upgrade

I had to restore my Horizon over the weekend after a fix for my Neatdesk scanner ruined my Windows 10 image (note to self and everyone, buy a scanner from another company, Neat's sofware was super fiddly and doesn't work with touch screens).

Since then, every day Aura asks me to upgrade. I perform the upgrade. It goes through. Aura works fine. Next day the process repeats. 

How do I get this to stop?

nuismer
Token Ring
Views: 166
Message 2 of 3

Re: Aura asks me to upgrade every day even if I perform the upgrade

You can't fix it.  Lenovo has known about this problem for months and there is no fix yet.  See another thread in this forum.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 155
Message 3 of 3

Re: Aura asks me to upgrade every day even if I perform the upgrade

hi mstirrat,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try these steps:

1. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R and type taskschd.msc then press Enter (this will open Task Scheduler).

2. On the Task Scheduler Window, expand the Task Scheduler Library > Lenovo and disable any entries on the right that says the Aura Upgrade or Aura Update Service (right click > choose disable).

- Sample image

When finished, close the Task Scheduler then reboot and observe.

Let me know if this stops the Aura from asking for upgrade (tries this on an Horizon 2 27)

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors