Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonKeener
Paper Tape
Views: 2,414
Message 1 of 7

B50-30 - Touch Screen not working - No entry in device manager

Just got this new B50-30 AIO a few days ago.  Ive set it up and then ran the upgrade to Win 10.  I now find that the touch screen does not work.  Unfortunately I dont know whether it worked before the upgrade.  What I see is that device manager does not list an 'HID Compliant Touch Screen'  in Human Interface devices.  My other AIO does list this type of device (and its touch screen works fine).  So it seems that Win 10 is not recognizing the touch screen and thus not loading the device driver.  Suggestions??  

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

DonKeener
Paper Tape
Views: 2,398
Message 2 of 7

Re: Touch Screen not working - No entry in device manager

I was able to fix this...  The solution was to reinstall the Display driver.  Once I reinstalled it,  an entry for HID Compliant Touch Screen appeared in Device Manager Human Interface Devices and Touch Screen now worked fine.

1) Open device manager

2) Open Monitor entry

3) Select PnP Monitor

4) right click Generic PnP Monitor and select Update Driver

5) Select Browse my computer for driver SW

6) select Let Me Pick

7) Select Next and go thru the install (dont recall if there were any more input required)

It should then work... 

sirgoodtimes
Paper Tape
Views: 2,362
Message 3 of 7

When i did this i did not find a lenovo driver, could you tell me which driver you selected?

DonKeener
Paper Tape
Views: 2,349
Message 4 of 7

It found 'generic PnP Monitor'.   Not a Lenovo unique driver... generic.  That was actually the same driver that was previously loaded.  i assume the action of 'reloading' the same driver did the trick.

DonKeener
Paper Tape
Views: 2,339
Message 5 of 7

Well... the touchscreen is again not working...  I tried the 'fix' again with no success.  I guess I am right back where I stated.... no touchscreen.

Anybody have any ideas??  

mike_kentucky
Paper Tape
Views: 1,916
Message 6 of 7

Re: B50-30 - Touch Screen not working - No entry in device manager

Solved - Had same issue.  Shutdown, then unplugged power from computer.  Next hold power button in for about 60 sec.  Rebooted and touch screen worked as normal.  Also had issue  last year with wifi.  Same solution fixed it.

DonKeener
Paper Tape
Views: 1,514
Message 7 of 7

Re: B50-30 - Touch Screen not working - No entry in device manager

Well,  Im still struggling with this problem.  Lenovo suggested that I wait for a while for Win 10 to mature a bit and drivers to catch up but here I am a year and a half later with no working touchscreen on this system.  I really need some help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors