Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hailaender
What's DOS?
Views: 271
Message 1 of 2

Blutooth disconnect when using Skype, now completely fails to reconnect

I have been experiencing the following problem when accepting or placing a video call through Skype. This never happens when running any other software. My system is an ideaCentre B520 with the stock Bluetooth keyboard and mouse using a Broadcom BCM2070 device running firmware 6.5.1.2700 and a Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator with firmware 6.1.7601.17889.

The Bluetooth mouse and keyboard disconnect during the call and will not pair or connect wit the computer (IdeaCentre B520). The only solution that I have found work, is to remove both devices from the device manager and reconnect with the physical Bluetooth buttons on the computer and the devices. I also un- and reinstalled Skype, but the problem continues, which might be a software issue.

However, today the computer completely failed to pair and connect with the devices. The pairing dialogue is displayed after pushing the Bluetooth button on the computer. I am prompted to press the corresponding buttons on the mouse and the keyboard and the dialogue completes (code number for keyboard is entered) with the message that the pairing was successful, but drivers may need to be updated. The new drivers are installed for the HDI devices as indicated by the bubble and the grey Bluetooth window light the devices as connected. The Bluetooth box will then go into a repeated flickering between connected and disconnected until both devices are deleted from the device manager terminal. Both devices continue to blink as if searching for the receiver.

I had to switch over to a wired mouse and keyboard to type these lines. But this defies the purpose.

I sincerely appreciate any suggestion you might have to solve this problem and get the devices to talk to one another again.

Thanks in advance.

hailaender

goodmayes
Token Ring
Views: 253
Message 2 of 2

Re: Blutooth disconnect when using Skype, now completely fails to reconnect

You use wrong bluetooth software. The only one that should work is 6.4.0.2100. You can download it from Sony website. I know it may sound strange but I have tested them all. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals