Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shupike
Paper Tape
Views: 1,157
Message 1 of 7

C200 All-in-One: Flash player crashing, Skype (video) crashing

Good day! I have a problem with my new Lenovo C200 All-in-One. FreeDOS has been installed when I turn it on at first time so I decided to install Windows 7 Pro x64. But there are many unexpected BSOD's while working in Win 7. OK, I installed Windows XP Pro instead Windows 7. It's working OK but - I can't play most of youtube movies based on Adobe Flash Player - there are 3-5 mins and "Adobe Flash Player has been crashed" :-( And there is no any dependence of browser I'm using. Same problem with: MS IE/Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome. And finally, I can't use videocalls in my Skype! Webcam is OK but when I'm trying to call using videocamera - Skype is crashing. So my question: is it hardware or software problem? What do you think about it? Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,129
Message 2 of 7

Re: C200 All-in-One: Flash player crashing, Skype (video) crashing

hi shupike,

The issue that you described seems like a software problem.

Can you try check the following:

1. Make sure you're running the latest version of Adobe Flash (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer)

2. Disable adobe flash's hardware acceleration (right click on the video > choose Settings > uncheck Enable hardware accelleration.

Spoiler
video.JPG

Regarding the webcam, try to install an old version of skype and install the latest camera driver below:

Lenovo USB2.0 UVC Camera
ID1CAM08WW1.exe
20.2 MB

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

shupike
Paper Tape
Views: 1,111
Message 3 of 7

Unfortunately there are no changes. I think problem is in video driver, don't you think? Video is Intel 3150 Graphics Media Accelerator, right? Version I installed is: 6.14.10.5260 (actual). But I can see Adobe Flash movies only in 360p, all the attempts to switch to 720p - "Flash Player crashed".

Highlighted
shupike
Paper Tape
Views: 1,108
Message 4 of 7

And all the same with Skype - tried to make a video call using Skype 4, 5 and 6.1 - "Skype has been crashed".

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,086
Message 5 of 7

hi shupike,

For the flash player issue, try to:

1. Apply Adobe Flash plugin has crashed for mozilla firefox. (more reference here).

For skype, try to:

1. Uninstall previous version of skype and download Skype Beta. If that doesn't work, try to use Skype v4.0 ir v4.2.

2. Apply this skype fix

In addition, you can check Event Viewer if there's a specific .dll file that's causing the crash.

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

shupike
Paper Tape
Views: 1,081
Message 6 of 7

But do you think this is not hardware problem, I mean - some physical defects with videochip? Is it possible and if yes, can I change my PC to the same one (without hardware problems)?

And this is screenshot of Skype failure, please investigate. Sorry - this is Russian user interface.skype_failure.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,072
Message 7 of 7

hi shupike,

I believe this is a software problem. If it's an issue with the webcam, you can try to use a USB camera and disable the built-in webcam via Device Manager > Imaging Devices.

If you're getting BSOD, try to use BlueScreenView and check if there's any .dll files associated with the 0xc000001D error. Also, are you running Windows XP SP3 and is the PC fully updated via Windows Update?

There's a similar discussion on this article with good feedbacks but I haven't tested the fix myself as I don't have a Lenovo C200 to try it with.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors