Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razor_shah
What's DOS?
Views: 5,820
Message 1 of 7

C260 AIO no display after power up

I have C260 AIO. The probelm is after turning on pc, I dont even get the splash screen of lenovo signature. The keyboard and mouse are also powerless. Its not even able to get to boot stage. Does any one have any solution for that or have experienced any symptoms like this? I have read that many people have issues of no screen display but usually that is after the system boots up and dispalys something. Any help or solution will be appreciated. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,690
Message 2 of 7

Re: C260 AIO no display after power up

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of your problems.  Does the C260 show any signs of life ?  Can you briefly hear any activity after the power button is pressed ?  If the computer appears completely dead have you tried the usual remedy of plugging it into another outlet ? Maybe your wall outlet lost power. 

Another thing to try is uplugging the power adapter and pressing the power buttons for 30 seconds.  Then plug it back in and see if the system will boot up. This procedure can be useful in resolving hardware conflicts that effect boot up. 

If your computer still shows no activity then I suspect you have a hardware item that has failed. I would recommend you contact Lenovo Support for additional service.  You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

razor_shah
What's DOS?
Views: 5,684
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I was also thinking that a faulty adapter or power outlet might have the reason. But I checked the adapter and plugged it it into another outlet, still no response.

The system is running for sure, as there is only one light which gets turned on and can hear the fan or harddrive moving inside. But no display at all. 

I tried to press F8 and F2 on start up as well to see if i can go to boot up options, but that also didnt work.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,671
Message 4 of 7

It sound like your system is still showing some activity.  I am assuming that your configuration has the "wired" USB keyboard ?  If so, shut the computer down and try repeatedly pressing the F1 key when you power up the computer.  If that doesn't work then try pressing and holding the F1 key while powering up.  The F1 key will take you into the BIOS Setup.  Since the BIOS Setup is independant of the operating system it would be a good test to see if the problem is hardware related rather than with the operating system.

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

razor_shah
What's DOS?
Views: 5,663
Message 5 of 7

I tried all your tips redarding the F1 button while turning on the pc. Both continuously pressing and keeping it pressed while powering it up, but didnt work. Smiley Sad

And also the 30 second pressing the powering button without any power, didnot work.. Smiley Sad

I still am covered with warranty, as its just about 5 months old machine. 

Can you kindly suggest your official service/warranty providers in Pakistan at the moment?

I really liked the machine as it was quite compact and fulfilled all my needs for basic office use, so would be nice to have it up and running again.

Thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,659
Message 6 of 7

I'm not an Lenovo employee, just a volunteer who likes to help so my listing of Pakistan service providers is probably not complete.

Here is a phone number I found.  The phone number is designated for the Think branded product line, but they should be able to direct you to a service provider for your model.  Here is that phone number...

International Office Products (pvt) Ltd : 00-92-212-422-569  /  00-92-213-241-2023

Here is a service provider locator.  Just select your country and enter your city to find the nearest provider......

http://bplocator.lenovo.com/

Here is an additional link that might be useful.  It will allow you to email or chat directly with Lenovo Support and they should be able to provide you with a service provider in your country.

http://lenovoservicestatus.com/

Jen_Chitown
Paper Tape
Views: 4,785
Message 7 of 7

The AIO c260 pc is plugged in, it switches on (first led is on briefly but then goes off) but doesn't do anything else: screen is completely blank, no sign of booting. The other two LED do nothing.  I have tried to unplug and press and hold down the power, Using the F keys and swithching outlets.  How was your issue resolved?

Top Kudoed Authors