Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medeiom
HDMI
Views: 1,804
Message 1 of 5

C460 issues

Ever since I purchased this C460, it has been nothing but a challenge! I have a brand new motherboard, awesome.. but the PC wakes up on its own.  I have Wake On Lan disabled on the BIOS, Network cards (including WiFi) and keyboard/mouse. 

But it still wakes up and gives me a boot error 1962 No Operating System found.  But if I restart, it boots to Windows fine.

I am extremely disappointed that not one Lenovo tech in Malaysia nor Philippines can resolve this issue.  Furthermore, I have to repeat myself many many times regarding the issue.

Mr. Yang Yuanqing (CEO) will be very displeased when he reads my formal letter.  This PC is an evaluation before making a huge purchase order.  So far, this is having a negative effect.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,778
Message 2 of 5

Re: C460 issues

hi medeiom,

Sorry to hear about your trouble on the C460 system.

I don't have a C460 available here for testing but can you look into the BIOS > Power Tab and ensure that ErP is set to Enabled.

- Link to picture

From this thread:

"Enabling ErP will disable waking from full power off state with anything other than the power switch. With ErP disabled, it's possible to set your computer up to turn on with a click of the mouse or with a keyboard, or with a packet sent to the NIC. It has no effect on waking from sleep.

The purpose of it is environmental. When powered off, your motherboard makes sure it has just enough power to receive a power on signal from it's connected devices. if ErP is enabled the motherboard allows itself to full power down."

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

medeiom
HDMI
Views: 1,759
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the reply.  I set ErP to Enable.  Let's hope this will do the trick.  If it does, please let me know your full name so that I may commend you to top Lenovo officials. 

medeiom
HDMI
Views: 1,736
Message 4 of 5

It has been a few days now and enabling the ErP seemed to do the trick. 

Thank you very much for your adequate support!

Bob310568
Paper Tape
Views: 718
Message 5 of 5

Hello, the bios of my Lenovo AIO C460 has been damaged during the bios upgrade process, I live in Brazil and this model has never been sold here. we are trying to remove the bios from motherboard, record it and have it back to the mobo, but a bios image is necessary, could you please record a bios image from your computer (at bios not at windows) and send it to me by email. thank you in advance

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors