Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy31
Paper Tape
Views: 542
Message 1 of 5

C50 AIO HDMI IN and OUT Port Question

I am looking to buy a Lenovo C50 All-In-One, 1.7GHz Core i3-4005U (Model: F0B100G2US) and the retailer specifications show that it has HDMI IN and OUT ports, however, when I look at the picture of the back of the unit I only see one HDMI port.  I have wondered if the one port is dual function and can be switched from IN to OUT in settings or if the second port is in a location not shown in the pictures.

This is important because I want to use the HDMI IN to view HDTV from a cable box.  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 530
Message 2 of 5

Re: C50 AIO HDMI IN and OUT Port Question

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

The C50 has a HDMI-Out port as a standard feature.  The HDMI-In port is an optional feature that isn't available on all models.  Prior to purchase have the retailer verify that both HDMI ports are available on the model they are selling.

For more information on the C50 please refer to the PSREF specification sheet found at the link below.  You can click on the + to expand the listed Specifications.

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_C50

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Happy31
Paper Tape
Views: 513
Message 3 of 5

@Majestic wrote:

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

The C50 has a HDMI-Out port as a standard feature.  The HDMI-In port is an optional feature that isn't available on all models.  Prior to purchase have the retailer verify that both HDMI ports are available on the model they are selling.

For more information on the C50 please refer to the PSREF specification sheet found at the link below.  You can click on the + to expand the listed Specifications.

http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_C50

Thanks for the quick response.  The retailer does not have one on display but I suppose I could ask them to open a box to look at the unit.  The retailer has already said that all the informaiton they have is on their web site and the site lists both HDMI IN & OUT but the photo shows otherwise.  The link you provided does not show the model in question (F0B100G2US).

Guru
Views: 505
Message 4 of 5

If the listing shows HDMI In and Out, the single port should act as dual function. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 489
Message 5 of 5

@Happy31 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response.  The retailer does not have one on display but I suppose I could ask them to open a box to look at the unit.  The retailer has already said that all the informaiton they have is on their web site and the site lists both HDMI IN & OUT but the photo shows otherwise.  The link you provided does not show the model in question (F0B100G2US).

If the retailer is interested in a sale then I would think they would be more than happy to open a box for you to examine the computer before purchase in the store.  Kind of reminds me of a snow blower I wanted to purchase a few years ago. My local (major retail chain) store didn't have a floor display and the manager didn't want to open the box in the stock room so that I could examine its construction. The manager did offer to show me pictures off the Internet, but I explained to him I could do that at home while still in my pajamas.   I then left there and drove to the next town where the sales people at the same retail chain were more than helpful. Needless to say I came home with a purchase that day along with a variety of accessories and it wasn't from my local store. 

They probably just used a stock photo of the C50 and not a photo specific to your model.  If they did it would have shown the two HDMI ports.  Page #4 of the C50's User Guide shows the optional HDMI-In port's location (item #6).  Here is a link to that User Guide for your reference.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/lenovo_c40c50_ug_v1.0_win81_en_online_20141024.pdf

If you are looking for some additional reading, here is the Hardware Maintenance Manual that will give you an idea of what is inside the C50......

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/lenovo_c50_hmm_20141110.pdf

Unfortunately the PSREF link I gave you earlier isn't kept updated with all the model numbers, but it does show the specifications listed for the C50.  One of those specifications was the "optional" HDMI-IN port. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors