cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,480
Message 21 of 90

Re: C540 Touch - 6267 - SATA Hard drive cable CAUGHT ON FIRE!!

@rzawora

You have every right to be angry, mea culpa, yes you did send your information through by private message and I did receive it and then, without going into the long details, I let you down for which I am very sorry. I have opened a case for you and your situation which will be investigated as have the other instances reported in this discussion after I have received the required information to open a case from the members concerned.

@mellism84 Yes I'll send you a PM

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

rzawora
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,472
Message 22 of 90

Well thank you Andy. I do appreciate and respect your honesty. I realize this machine is out of warranty. I've already made my repairs. I don't expect Lenovo to give me anything for free, nor do I want anything. I just want people who have this same computer model to be aware of the fire potential. I have seen in my research in 2014 where a recall of Lenovo laptop batteries were recalled upon reports of two small fire incidents. There has been way more than two posted here, but nothing is being said or done about it. That is the frustrating part. I apologize to you Andy for going on a personal attack...but I was frustrated of never hearing anything other than, please send your information. I did receive a voice message from someone with Lenovo with whom I'll be speaking with today. Thanks for your help this time Andy!

Adm_Toabaja
Paper Tape
Views: 1,451
Message 23 of 90

Yes I did
Adm_Toabaja
Paper Tape
Views: 1,451
Message 24 of 90

I Had the same problem
Adm_Toabaja
Paper Tape
Views: 1,444
Message 25 of 90

Today was my turn, my church computer, C540 All-in-One (Lenovo) , in the middle of the church service started to make spackling noises and smoke came out of the back we proceeded to unplug the power to stop the what appeared to be a fire in the making. There is brown residue consistent with an electrical short/fire on the metal frame near the HDD connector very similar to the pictures posted by MrsMVP. Lenovo support would only tell me it's out of warranty The pastor is very concerned because this computer was on at times when there was nobody present at the building. What is Lenovo waiting for.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,437
Message 26 of 90

Hello Adm_Toabaja, welcome to the Community,

Just want to confirm receiving your private message to which I will respond requesting one more piece of information which I would be grateful if you could send me.

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

dan7519
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,380
Message 27 of 90

Hi,

I experienced EXACTLY the same issue in my C540, 3years after buying it. Same burn at the end of HDD cable. Although I am aware my product is out of warranty, this is clearly a design fault, and I would like to speak to a Lenovo representative about poissible ways to deal with this issue. Can you please contact me by MP ?

Thanks,

sparkyw
Paper Tape
Views: 1,362
Message 28 of 90

Just a quick message to confirm that I've just had the exact same issue with Product code : 50031204

Lenovo Essential AIO C540 PC

We bought 2 B Grade machines on the 20.05.2015, first failed and after lots of head scratching I found it to be the faulty VBA00-HDD Cable (DC02001MU10).

Second one by chance during the holidays I called into work to collect mail and noticed smoke in the office, it  was probably 2 minutes away from being a fireball. Again faulty (DC02001MU10) cable, exact burn marks as shown in OP. Speakers clicking, failing to boot.

I’ll update my post later with pictures, very disappointing. I look after computers in our family business. My dad walks into work yesterday with a brand new computer, guess what? He bought a brand new Lenovo all in one from Currys, reason being he didn’t want to wait on me fixing the broken one. Flawed logic, but Dads!! 

I was disappointed in him not consulting with me first, especially when the old machines have failed so horribly. Hopefully this has been put right in the newer models. What Do I do now with the old ones? Attach a smoke alarm?

assistir
Paper Tape
Views: 1,336
Message 29 of 90

Hello Andy,
I have exactly the same problem with My C540 lenovo as the above person. Exact burn on same end of cord going into the hard drive. Now My computer shows only a black screen when the cord has been replaced. I would like to find a schematic which shows the voltage values if possible for this machine. Here are My specs:
Charles Moore
xxxxx
xxxxx
Windows 10
Serial number: xxxxx
MO number: cs 03051602
cpu number: IG 2030
machine type: 10110
sometime in dec 2014 Xmas.
no case number as of yet.
cable burnt causing fire and filled house with burning odor.

Thanks andy for your help in this matter, I am not sure where to turn for this problem.

Moderator comment: Personal info removed from view to protect member from mischief.

bfcs
Paper Tape
Views: 1,267
Message 30 of 90

Exactly the same thing happened here, the PC suddenly shut off with a strong burning plastic smell.

On inspection the SATA cable is melted at the end with a scorch mark on the metal below.

Product C540

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors