cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psgcooldog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,050
Message 11 of 22

Re: Computer turns on but the display doesn't?

Well,  I guess we're going to find out if it's the display or the motherboard.  After disassembling the machine and getting the display out, AND looking at the datasheet for the display, I simply don't think I see anything that could possibly have a firmware update regarding "Scalable Fonts".  I see no processors at all, just LCD array drivers.  Nothing in the datasheet hints at any firmware being involved in the display.

There very definitely are some LSI chips on the motherboard near the LVDS display connector, and I nominate *them* as the recipients of the bad flash update.

So I have found and ordered a motherboard and it should be here in a few days.  I'll update this thread after I get it installed.

psgcooldog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,035
Message 12 of 22

Hooray! It's working. The solution to the "black screen after failed Scalar Fonts update" is a motherboard replacement!
wincio13
What's DOS?
Views: 3,017
Message 13 of 22

Great to hear - I was notified yesterday  that warranty is going to ship a new computer.  Apparently they can't source the repair parts. 

Schlaroo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,013
Message 14 of 22

Where did you get the new motherboard and can you give us the part number?     Thanks.  

psgcooldog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,007
Message 15 of 22

I got it on eBay. The proper one depends on which model you have, but the 4K UHD with the GTX950 is 00UW030 or 00UW031, this is for the F0BD0002US model.

There are some other AIO 700-27 motherboards out there right now, but no more of those. Search for "00UW031" under completed items to find the guy I bought from, roy.scorup. He said he may pick some more parts up next month.

Here's a link to the Hardware Maintenance Manual which is mighty handy when trying to get one of these puppies apart.  If I remember correctly, the *only* tool used is a #2 Philips screwdriver.  I had to do most of it twice, because I missed reconnecting the touchscreen connector on the first try.

jimenglish
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,893
Message 16 of 22

hello there. This same thing happened to me and I was wondering if you might share with me your eventual resoltion. Thanking you in advance.

jimenglish
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,875
Message 17 of 22

Hello. Have the same problem. Did you ever get a resolution and if so, could you please let me know? Thanks

psgcooldog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,871
Message 18 of 22

Replacing the motherboard worked for me.
Highlighted
jimenglish
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,870
Message 19 of 22

Thanks, and at that point did you ever solve the original issue of jagged fonts, which led us all into this morass in the first place?

benchmarkacc
What's DOS?
Views: 2,687
Message 20 of 22

Hi

I had this problem but now solved.

First I took out all the cable of mouse keboard and others only put back power cable after I switch on and start working

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors