Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
and1re
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,772
Message 1 of 8

Cracked glass screen for B540 replacement

Recently, after the warranty has expired on my Ideacentre B540 touchscreen, the screen had encountered a solid object tap an edge and cracking the screen.  I ordered the replacment glass from a vendor which had advertised the touchscreen plate would be an easy removal and install.  I have disassembled the all-in-one and realized the tuoch plate is glued onto the glass as well as the indicator lights.  Does anyone have a sugggestion to transfer the touchplate to the new glass without destroying it?  Or am at the point in time to try to order a face plate with touch digitizer already installed?

Guru
Views: 6,625
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cracked glass screen for B540 replacement

mines the same cracked screen but i tried to replace a mobile phone screen its the same (i broke the phone lol) if you must have the touch screen then it will be a whole replacement
Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
and1re
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,265
Message 3 of 8

HI Dave, quick update on my cracked B540.  I ordred the glass from a company in Hong kong without the digitizer plate for $200.00 including shipping.  It took about three hours to tear down the system including seperating the glass from the plastic frame.  All turned out well, but I had to disassemble after I put it together.  Darn that static electricity!  A small piece of foam packing was trapped between the LCD dispay and the glass.

No worries, this time it was about 20 minutes to disasssemble and 20 to reassemble.  Turned it on and it worked fine.  My kids complained about no touch screen, but I guess thats why they invented a mouse.

My next adventure is to figure out how to make the B540 see the HDMI In I installed with a replacement IO board.

Andre

Lenovo B540

Sony Viao all in one

HP laptop 

Pattyroyal
What's DOS?
Views: 5,394
Message 4 of 8

Does anyone know where to get a replacement front screen from? Only need a glass replacement touchscreen not important

and1re
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,380
Message 5 of 8

HI, the quickest place to find the replacement screen is on EBay.  I just checked and found some available for $66.00 with $40.00 shipping.   If you purchase through ebay, ask if the seller will provide the 3M tape for no charge.  I purchased mine for $150.00 and it came with the tape.  If you need the plastic bezel for the screen, there are a few available also.

It took about three hours to remove the bezel from my cracked screen and install it on the new screen.  I am not a professional but took my time to not damage the bezel or new screen.

Good luck!  And Happy New Year!

overworked
What's DOS?
Views: 5,302
Message 6 of 8

hi there, is here a way to just turn off the touch screen complete;y as we dont use it on touch screen,  i have a small crack at top that just makes the mouse jump a little and wondered if i could disablle touch screen it would still be usable while i wait for  new screen, i wouldnt want to have the touch screen really as we dont use it that way

i thank you for any reply or help cheers

and1re
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,287
Message 7 of 8

Good day to you!

Depending on what OS you are using, you can disable the touch rather easily.  

1. Open the control panel screen and look for the Pen and touch app.

2. Once it is open, click on the touch tab.  

3. Deselect "use your finger as an input device" and click on apply.

4. Your touch screen is now disabled.

Hope this helps

Cat Very Happy

T-Van
Paper Tape
Views: 2,533
Message 8 of 8

Yes, In windows device manager,  listed under "human interface devices", disable "HID-compliant touch screen", click ok, reboot computer. note: windows os updates may reenable and or if system recovers from a crash. just disable touch screen again in device manager.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors