Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damir
Paper Tape
Views: 706
Message 1 of 9

Cursor problems with A540

Hi, on my A540 all-in-one cursor/pointer haphazardly jumps to the upper right corner of the screen and stays there blinking on a very high speed.

Cannot do anything about it (cannot drag it back or control it) so I have to restart the machine using touch screen.

If I shut off the Lenovo wireless mouse I get back the control of the cursor touch screen(tried using different mice to no avail). 

After the restart all is fine for a certain period of time until pointer goes crazy again and jumps to the upper right corner of the screen. 

I would appreciate any help on that matter. thnx...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 651
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cursor problems with A540

Hi Damir,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issues with mouse cursor on your Lenovo A540 desktop.

Connect a USB mouse and check for the issue, also try to scan for the virus.

Update the wireless mouse driver and check for the issue.

Click here for the driver for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

damir
Paper Tape
Views: 634
Message 3 of 9

Hi Ashwin. S,
When I log to "Lenovo A540 All In One - Downloads" and download Lenovo Silver Silk Keyboard Driver in the installation process I get this ERROR message: "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another."
What should I do now? Please advise...thanks!
P.S. I regularly scan for viruses. Nothing found yet...

Lately, when this happens I turn off wireless mouse, put the comp to sleep for a minute or two, turn it back on and turn on the mouse and all is square for a certain period of time (it can be few days before it happens again or it can happen in the next minute after I awake the comp. No pattern there, very haphazard).
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 613
Message 4 of 9

Hi Damir,

Please uninstall the previous driver completely and now reinstall the driver and check for the issue. Also try to boot to safemode and check for the issue.

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

damir
Paper Tape
Views: 602
Message 5 of 9

Hi Ashwin, 

I tried uninstalling mouse driver but to no avail. When I restarted my machine it was back as nothing has happened. 

Here are the steps I did:

- Type "Device Manager" from the Windows 8.1 Search panel and then select "Device Manager" from the search results.

- Double-click "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" to expand the category.

- Right-click on the listed mouse, select "Uninstall" and choose "OK" in the confirmation dialog 

I also went to "Programs and Features," selected the mouse's software entry (Silver Silk Keyboard Driver) and then choose "Uninstall."

Like I said after the restart all is back! (except the SS Keyboard Driver).

• When I try to reinstall the dirver I get the same frustrating message like before: "The driver or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accesible. Please select another." 

I know how to boot in safemode but what do I look for there? I am not very computer savvy... sorry.

Please advise....thanks...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 590
Message 6 of 9

Hi Damir,

Have you tried connecting this mouse in other machines, in safe mode check if the error occurs.

Best regards,                                                         

Ashwin. S

damir
Paper Tape
Views: 586
Message 7 of 9

No, haven't tried connecting it to other machines... I need it for this one.
Can you guide me step by step how to reinstall the mouse driver?
fraykike
Paper Tape
Views: 357
Message 8 of 9

Hi Damir

I had the same problem. My cursor jumped to upper right (or upper left) corner and keep blinking.

I became crazy looking for a fix.

Finally, last week a had a look at the processes running at startup (by running msconfig) and saw that, beside  the Silver Keyboard (Lenovo Silver Silk Keyboard Software) controller, it was another "Lenovo Keyboard" controller running. 

I disabled that one (wich controls an older Lenovo keyboard and not the wireless that comes with A-540 now) and it has been fixed!!

I'm working for 4 days now without problems.

Hope this can help you.

(NOTE: Previously, I donwloaded the last version of the driver for the"Lenovo Silver Silk Keyboard Software" wich is the only one that now runs on the PC)

damir
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 9 of 9

Thanks faykike!

Unfortunately, I do not see "another" Lenovo Keyboard listed on startup list.

Only regular Lenovo Silver Silk Keyboard Software....that's the only one I got...

Maybe someone will work it out for me too...

I am glad it workeded out for you....cheers mate!  Smiley Happy 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals