ES

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

[HELP] - [SSD Upgrade] - Lenovo AIO 910

2020-08-13, 14:52 PM

Hi everyone:

I have a Lenovo AIO 910-27ISH All-in-One (ideacentre) - Type F0C2, with an 1 TB HDD equipped.

I´d like to upgrade the hard disk, and install an SSD as the main hard drive.

I´d like to know if it is possible to add an M2 SSD hard drive to the computer, and if there is the chance or installing an M2 nVMe SSD on it or I should go to an M2 SATA one ( I don´t find info of the motherboard so I don´t know exactly what to buy).

Could anyone give me a little bit of light on it?

In case of having to change to a M2 SSD SATA drive, makes it any big difference of changing the HDD for a SATA SSD one in terms of speed/performance?

Thanks in advance and excuse me please if my English it´s not very accurate.

Kind regards.

P.S.: Please find attached info of the motherboard, in case it helps.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3392 Signins

42000 Page Views

• Views: 42000
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:[HELP] - [SSD Upgrade] - Lenovo AIO 910

2020-08-13, 20:43 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum.  

There's a 2.5" SATA slot and an M.2 SATA slot available for storage. 

If you already have a 2.5" HDD, you can add an M.2 SATA SSD, but only SATA -- PCIe is not supported on the motherboard.

If you would also like to upgrade your existing 2.5" HDD, you can get a 2.5" SATA SSD.  

An SSD is significantly faster than an HDD, and you'll notice a significant difference when opening programs and going through the operating system if you have your O.S. on an SSD.

You'll need to copy your existing operating system and files over to your new drive if you choose to replace your existing boot drive.  Here's some info on that, and feel free to follow up if you have questions down the road: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/ssd-upgrade-guide/

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

2 Posts

08-13-2020

ES

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-08-13, 20:50 PM
Hi @EricX: First of all thanks for your fast response and help. Assuming that now I have to go for a SATA SSD, the question is: HD SSD or M2 SSD? Will I get better speed or performance with the M2 one or having both types SATA conectors the speeds are going to be the same? Thanks in advance for your help
Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3392 Signins

42000 Page Views

• Views: 42000
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-08-13, 20:55 PM

In terms of speed, both will be nearly identical.

I think it'll be easier to upgrade using an M.2 SSD because then you can clone your existing HDD to that M.2 SSD, use the M.2 SSD as your boot drive, and then use your existing HDD as a storage drive. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete