Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArdilaV
Paper Tape
Views: 717
Message 1 of 11

Help, crashed c540

The operating system is not loading.(Windows 8.1) The automatic repair is not working. I know there is a way to recover with a flash drive, but I did not create that flash drive. Can I get the files for that recovery flash drive from somewhere in this web site. At the very least I want to recover the data on the drive. Does anybody know what my options regarding that are? I did not like how quickly the Lenovo pc gave me the option to just wipe the drive. That computer is being in use for 3 years plus, by me and other members of the family, so we all have data on that pc that we would like to recover. Its my aunts pc but I use it a lot, I feel a bit responsible.

Thanks

Guru
Views: 702
Message 2 of 11

Re: Help, crashed c540

I'm sorry about this. You can always try to recover data off your hard drive by sending it in to some computer repair shop, or buying recovery stuff. I would advise doing this before restoring. If you want to restore, you can request Lenovo for recovery disks, that will help you restore it back. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

ArdilaV
Paper Tape
Views: 694
Message 3 of 11

Hi, thanks for replying. Would you know the link to get the recovery disks? and, do you know anything about recovery via a usb drive?

Thanks

Guru
Views: 692
Message 4 of 11

There's no link to get a recovery disk, unless you want to buy it. If you're under warranty, Lenovo should send it out for free after you describe your issue. If you're running WIndows 10, you can reinstall a fresh copy of Windows on a usb drive, but it won't have the Lenovo OneKey recovery software on it.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

ArdilaV
Paper Tape
Views: 669
Message 5 of 11

Hello again. I think a hacker is trying to hijack the pc. Is there a way for me to check for this?

Guru
Views: 662
Message 6 of 11

Why do you think that? You can disconnect the ethernet cable, that should make the hijakers not have access to your computer, if there is any. What symptoms is your computer producing?

Regards,
Eric Xu

ArdilaV
Paper Tape
Views: 644
Message 7 of 11

I think I would have to start it in safe mode to block a possible hacker that might be connected. It has built in wifi, and I have a wireless router. I think it might be hijacked because the computer is not helping me fix it. Because I downloaded the mediacreationtool and was not able to use it succesfully. It didnt even see the usb port, and I was not in safe mode, but I could easily access it through the file explorer. So, I tried putting the files on the hard drive, but before it was over the whole screen went black like when in cmd mode,with one line stating error there was no operating system found. I did find and correct a problem with windows update through the control panel. But, there are still damaged files according to: sfc /scannow, it generated a CBS.log file that I could not make any sense of.

ArdilaV
Paper Tape
Views: 558
Message 8 of 11

Well, this issue can be considered closed. It turned out to be a faulty SATA hard drive cable. I guess it wasn't a hacker, but that's what a really good hacker would lead you to believe. Me, paranoid? I don't think so. Ok, maybe, a little bit.

Guru
Views: 555
Message 9 of 11

Alright. Great to hear you got that sorted out. Let me know if you still need help.

Regards,
Eric Xu

debis
Blue Screen Again
Views: 329
Message 10 of 11

How/where did you get the SATA cable? And how did you figure it out and how did you replace it? I think that is what is wrong with my desktop to but Lenovo is 0 help to me. I don't want to tra**bleep** yet it is not that old. IS replacing the cable difficult?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors