cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayden1013
What's DOS?
Views: 369
Message 1 of 2

Help with computer not wanting to factory reset.

So i can not find anything on this but i have a lenovo all in one touch C440, not to long ago it would not boot up stayed on a black screen then finally went on to the factory reset page but it will not reset, gets to a certin point and will have an error. ive tried so many times but will not work so im not sure what to do and i dont have the cd..

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 352
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help with computer not wanting to factory reset.

If you have access to another Computer you can create a Windows 8.1 or 10 installation DVD or USB key free from Microsoft and use it to boot the and check the HDD for errors, and try to do a refresh.    My guess is that you have a harddrive ( HDD) issue, but that is just a guess.

If you can get into Windows recovery, from the Troubleshoot >> Advanced Options >> you can Select Command Prompt, and then type: chkdsk c: /f   and press ENTER to check the HDD for errors.     If the HDD checks out OK, Under Advanced Options you can also try to run System Restore, and go back to a restore point prior to when you started having issues or attempt a Refresh/

Best of luck, 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors