Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lobogc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 957
Message 1 of 2

Horizon 2 27" HDMI-in not showing laptop video-out signal

Hello everyone. Original Horizon machines feature a frontside button to select "pc mode" or "HDMI-in". However, Horizon 2 computers don't. I guess they just switch into HDMI-in mode when they receive a video signal in that port. The computer manual says nothing but it will show the video signal "from a games console or a streaming TV box". 

Won't it work with a regular laptop HDMI-out signal, so I can use Horizon 2's big screen as a second monitor? I have an IdeaPad laptop and I have connected its HDMI-out to my Horizon's HDMI-in using a standard and new HDMI cable.  The laptop detects the new monitor, and then I configure Windows to project the image to that device. Nothing happens on the Horizon 2.

I have crawled the manual, Lenovo site and user forums, with no luck. Is the HDMI signal from a "games console or streaming TV box" different to the HDMI signal from a laptop or what? Why doesn't this work?

Thank you!

Lenovo IdeaCentre Horizon 2 27"  AIO, machine type F0AQ

Highlighted
sanwayzar
Paper Tape
Views: 48
Message 2 of 2

Re: Horizon 2 27" HDMI-in not showing laptop video-out signal

I am intending to do the same thing with my old Horizon 2 and my brand new gaming laptop. Haven't tried it yet, hope I can figure it out, or that someone has a solution to this! Did you find the solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors