Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itou31
Blue Screen Again
Views: 405
Message 1 of 4

Horizon 27 version1 Windows 8.1 upgrade error

Hi all,

I tried to upgrade to windows 8.1 on my Horizon, but it always failed with error 0xC1900101 and 0x20017.

I've updated all drivers and applications, uninstall antivirus, disable firewall, check if encrypted software exist, also reset windows store cache.

I have moved the OS to and SSD mSATA, so I thought that could be the issue, but have also reboot from the HDD and tried to upgrade also with no luck.

Did you upgrade your Horizon to windows 8.1 ? how easy ? because of the lake of all pre-installed applications/games on and DVD, I would not like to do a clean install.

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 383
Message 2 of 4

Re: Horizon 27 version1 Windows 8.1 upgrade error

hi itou31,

I don't have the IdeaCentre Horizon for testing but can you consider the following:

1. Perform a clean boot (this is to ensure that non-microsoft running service/apps aren't causing the issue)

2. Disable all connected peripherals (mouse, external drives, etc.)

3. Run Windows Update to get the latest patch and bug fixes for Windows 8.

When finished, run the Windows 8.1. upgrade from the Microsoft Store and observe.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

itou31
Blue Screen Again
Views: 373
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the advice, but I ended with the same issue error. I will wait for the SP1, perhaps it will have a different issue...

mugsydean
Punch Card
Views: 320
Message 4 of 4

I would love to upgrade my Horizon 1 to Win8.1.  I called them, but they were not much help.  They said it has the capability of working with 8.1 but did not reccomed it, since there might be driver issues.  Has anyone been able to do this yet?  If so please share your hurdles and hopefully success story.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors