cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 437
Message 1 of 11

How could the Yoga 900 be offered without a 4K Display Option?

Does anyone know of any plans to offer the Yoga 900 with a 4K display?

The 1080P resolution seems ridiculously inadequeate for such a large display.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 430
Message 2 of 11

Re: How could the Yoga 900 be offered without a 4K Display Option?

Good day.

As you mention an FHD display (1920x1080), I presume you're querying about the Yoga Home 900 AIO vs the Yoga 900 convertible laptop. As such, I've moved your post to the Lenovo AIO Desktop forum.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Guru
Views: 402
Message 3 of 11

Re: How could the Yoga 900 be offered without a 4K Display Option?

Lenovo has some options for 4k desktops, the Yoga Home 900 doesn't look like there will be. According to Lenovo PSREF, the only option is FHD: http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/YOGA_Home_900

I think this has to do with display scaling, as games on a 4K display is pretty much unplayable, and this device is targetted for 'family gaming'. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 476
Message 4 of 11

Where's the 4K Display for the Yoga Home 900 and 6th Generation i7?

The Lenovo Yoga 900 is perhas Lenovo's most innovative hardware but sadly it is hobbled by the lack of a 4K display.

I feel this is the the most cutting edge Windows All In One ever designed with a 27" display and a battery offering limited mobility for presentation but it seems they designed the best Windows All in One and then ruined it with low end specs.

We operate an architectural design firm and we can easily buy about 12 of these right away for our design work if not for the low end specs and the lack of a 4K display.

It is very encouraging that Lenovo has updated the 27" display of the AIO 910 with a 4K display and I really hope this means we will see a version of the Yoga Home with a 4K display. I can't imagine using a 1080P display in close range when the display is 27". Even for home use, at that distance and screen size individual pizels are so easily visible and this device really needs a 4K option.

Does anyone know if a 4K version of this product is on the horizon? That woud make for an incredible device both for home use and design/engineering work.

Mod's Edit: Merged this thread with an existing discussion

Guru
Views: 430
Message 5 of 11

Re: Where's the 4K Display for the Yoga Home 900 and 6th Generation i7?

Maybe next generation- but it's not listed on Lenovo's PSREF. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 420
Message 6 of 11

@EricX wrote:

Thanks for checking! How much earlier would the specs appear on PSREF prior to release/announcement?

It's mind boggling how Lenovo would create the Yoga Home 900 with so much potential for business/professional use in software development, engineering, and design fields only to cripple it with low ends specs and a low resolution 1080P display.

They already has a 27" 4K display in the AiO 910 and they just need to offer it in the Yoga Home 900 with 6th Gen i7. That would make for an AiO/Tablet unlike any other as nothing else like this is powered with a battery for short period of use.

Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 374
Message 7 of 11

@EricX wrote:

Anyone know when the Yoga Home 900 might be updated with a 4K display and higher end specs?

Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 359
Message 8 of 11

is there another similar device I can buy with a 4K display?

Guru
Views: 356
Message 9 of 11

Lenovo ideacentre AiO 910

Regards,
Eric Xu

Centauri
SCSI Port
Views: 349
Message 10 of 11

@EricX wrote:

Lenovo ideacentre AiO 910

I'm considering it but it ways about 20 lbs and not really designed to be portable in any reasonable way and it has no battery for limited mobile use or presentations.

Anything else out there?

Panasonic has a 20" 4K Tablet and I'm considering that but I really wish Lenovo offered a version of the Yoga Home 900 with the 4K display from the AiO 910.

The display is the most importangt aspect of the Yoga Home 900 and too bad they skimped on that with a low resolution HD display. When I look at the 1080P screen at close range it looks horrible with individual rows of pixels.

Strange how I can have a 4K resolution display on my cellphone but not on the gigantic 27" display of the Yoga Home 900. Makes me wonder who at Lenovo is responsible for prodict planning.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors