Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo All In One (AIO) Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

09-05-2018

Philippines

16 Signins

152 Page Views

• Views: 152
  • Message 1 of 4

How to access BIOS on Ideacentre AIO 520 to boot on my USB drive by using keyboard ONLY

2019-05-20, 11:04 AM

I planning to get into the BIOS since my broken screen AIO 520 won't go to Windows and use another drive to install FRESH OS.

I don't  even know whats going on internally as to why Windows won't boot up in my OLD drive after Win and Lenovo Update. I tried pressing Windows+P but no display on my built-in screen. It is just white and some black. Unfortunately my external monitor doesn't have any display at all even if I disconnect the cable that supplies power to built-in screen.

Now, anybody knows how to access my BIOS by plainly using the keyboard without display?

How many arrow down, up, right, left should I press to be ABLE TO ALLOW to BOOT on my USB drive (With Windows Installer) so I can now use the Windows + P key to output the display on my external monitor.

MTM: F0D5000GPH
Model: Lenovo Ideacentre 520-22IKU 
S/N: ********
CPU: i5-7200U

Thank you.

Edit notes: removed SN for member's protection

Options

12666 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7284 Signins

749990 Page Views

• Views: 749990
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: How to access BIOS on Ideacentre AIO 520 to boot on my USB drive by using keyboard ONLY

2019-05-21, 21:47 PM

Hi rauls18,

Greetings.

It is pressing on F1.From the user guide (page 42).

" How can I start the BIOS setup utility? To start the BIOS setup utility: 1. Shut down the computer. 2. Turn the computer on and repeatedly press and release the F1 key to start the Setup Utility program.

How can I change the boot mode? There are two boot modes: UEFI and Legacy. To change the boot mode, start the BIOS setup utility and select Startup → Boot Priority, then set boot mode to UEFI or Legacy support on the boot menu." 

I would suspect that you want to try blind mapping the BIOS, so here are snapshot.

If you have not tried installing Windows while slaving the harddrive on another machine, then it would surely be a challenge. Remember F9 is reloading default and F10 for saving changes.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Best luck

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

09-13-2019

Sweden

7 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: How to access BIOS on Ideacentre AIO 520 to boot on my USB drive by using keyboard ONLY

2019-09-22, 7:37 AM
Hi spidey101
Is it possible for you to show more snapshots of the BIOS for IdeaCentre AIO 520?
My problem is that I need to change the BIOS settings for my screen that is broken so I can get into BIOS with my external screen.
I will do the first bios settings in blind so I need to prepare for that by looking at snapshots through the hole process. I have tryed to open the computer and disconect the screen but it didn't help. I have update my BIOS to BIOS version O3YKT38A.
Is it possible for you to help me??
I would be very thankful for you help.
//Tommy
Options

12666 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7284 Signins

749990 Page Views

• Views: 749990
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-09-22, 10:36 AM

Hi Tommy75,

Greetings.

The above images are all the BIOS screen available to the model which would also be hard hard to blind map as version maybe different.

Personally, I would rather go to a service shop to have their spare LCD to configure or slave the drive to another machine instead if mapping it do not work. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)