Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo All In One (AIO) Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-02-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 3

How to access cpu Lenovo c260 and maintain all components in their place to put thermal paste

2019-05-02, 19:30 PM

I'm not an Engineer, Lenovo c260 is over heated 

my computer overheats, a solution I've seen on the internet is to add thermal paste to the cpu processor, inside Lenovo c260, but when I open it inside I do not see and I do not know where it is and I want to keep the cables in place and that everything works correctly, How I can access to CPU c260 cpu processor to find cpu and add thermal paste, How I do to lower computer temperature

Answer
Options

12703 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7393 Signins

753045 Page Views

• Views: 753045

Re: How to access cpu Lenovo c260 and maintain all components in their place to put thermal paste

2019-05-02, 21:12 PM

Hi Solution11,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It would be on the other side so removal of the systemboard may be needed. Here is the hardware manual that you can review and as shown on page 37 is the heat sink assembly removal. You may use this video part removal guide as added reference too.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Replies(2)
Options

26 Posts

04-24-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

210 Page Views

• Views: 210
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: How to access cpu Lenovo c260 and maintain all components in their place to put thermal paste

2019-05-02, 20:08 PM
That´s a good way to lower cpus temperature, to remove old thermal paste and to add a fresh one, can you please provide more photos of your mother board, from both sides and also a full view of the opened computer?

Regards
Answer
Options

12703 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7393 Signins

753045 Page Views

• Views: 753045
  • Message 3 of 3

2019-05-02, 21:12 PM

Hi Solution11,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It would be on the other side so removal of the systemboard may be needed. Here is the hardware manual that you can review and as shown on page 37 is the heat sink assembly removal. You may use this video part removal guide as added reference too.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)