Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob123456
Paper Tape
Views: 1,301
Message 1 of 4

Idea centre 520 will not connect to the Internet

Hello, I am having problems with my idea centre 520 and would appreciate any help. lastweek the pc crashed and we had to reboot it. we have been away on holiday for a week and on returning the computer will no longer connect to the Internet, we get a message saying the computer has limited connectivity. I don't think it is a network issue as we can connect our iPad. 

has anyone anyideas.

Guru
Views: 1,281
Message 2 of 4

Re: Idea centre 520 will not connect to the Internet

goto device manager and make sure all the drivers are fine

goto Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center and make sure your network is home (under active networks) if not click the blue writing then home

if not re-enter the pw for your wireless just incase

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsnetworking/ht/limited-connect.htm

Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,276
Message 3 of 4

Hi Rob123456, welcome to the forum,

do you by any chance have Mcafee installed?  A friend of mine had a similar problem this morning as did the member who posted here; it seems an update from Mcafee may be causing a problem.

Edit; link to another post reporting similar.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Rob123456
Paper Tape
Views: 1,255
Message 4 of 4

Thanks everyone, it was the mcaffee software upgrade that caused it. I had touninstall and reinstall

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals