Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dibble000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,865
Message 1 of 15

IdeaCentre AIO 700 - Webcam problem

Hi All

Bit of a strange one - I am not able to get the webcam to turn on.  I have updated all drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled I don't know how many times now.  It's detected in device manager, all is enabled - I have the privacy settings on, BIOS does not seem to have any settings in there to enable or disable and I'm out of options here.  Tried an external webcam too and I can't get that to work either!  It's like something is blocking it but I can't see what or where - no clues at all are given.  No apps open the camera although, I did do a test online and the camera did open and work so I know the camera works - just cant get it to turn on for any apps including skype.  Some say install drivers - some say device is being used.  One error gave 0xA00F4271(0xC00D3704) 

Trying to get any sense from that is just a no-go.  Anyone else had this issue please and a resolve cos 2 days but ive been at it to no avail.  

Thanks in hope.....

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Guru
Views: 1,812
Message 2 of 15

Re: Idea Centre AIO 700

Here's some troubleshooting steps from Microsoft Forums

-Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

-Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

-In which user account are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Admin account to check if this helps.

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers to check if this helps.Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Store Apps. Once this is done check the status.

Open the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on View All.

Click on “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter to fix problems with Windows Store Apps. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,802
Message 3 of 15

Re: IdeaCentre AIO 700 - Webcam problem

Welcome to the Lenovo Community dibble000 !

One additional suggestion in addtion to EricX's advice,  check the Lenovo Settings app if you haven't so done already.  Lenovo Settings has an additional Privacy Mode setting for the camera that maybe enabled.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

dibble000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,790
Message 4 of 15

Re: Idea Centre AIO 700

Hi EricX

Firstly, thanks for your time - it's appreciated.  I am the admin account holder - I decided to try and sign in using the microsoft account instead and that made no difference.  All drivers have been udated and removed so many times, I have lost count now.  I ditd do the troubleshooting process you advised but it found no issues - I restarted again but no change.  I've not made changes that I know of - I know the camera works as it did open with a test on explorer.  The issue seems to be in any user account - the camera will not start up.

It's all quite annoying - I know the answer is here somewhere - I just can't seem to locate it :-)

Thanks for your continued support - Dibs.

dibble000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,787
Message 5 of 15

Hi Majestic

Thanks for the suggestion - it was one of the first things I checked to be honest but I can see how this would get missed by lots of people.  Thanks for the time taken to help....Dibs

dibble000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,738
Message 6 of 15

Hi guys - any other ideas please cos Im out of them - just no idea now. Can get the cam to start on a test website but nothing else. :-) Just getting to the point of giving up now.....
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,734
Message 7 of 15

Since the camera will work on a test website, that would be a good indication that it isn't a privacy setting preventing its use.  Are you sure you have granted permission for your apps to use the camera?  Here is an excerpt from Microsoft's Help website......

"To change which apps and services can use your camera, go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Camera, and then, in the Choose apps that can use your camera list, turn individual apps and services settings on or off. (The Let apps use my camera setting must be turned on as well.)"

Here is a link to the full article.....

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12448/windows-10-camera-privacy-faq

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

dibble000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,709
Message 8 of 15

Good Evening Majestic

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I have done all of this already.  It's just not happening for me.  All privacy settings have been turned on, it works on some test sites but not on the web based version of skype or any windows apps.  I was trying not to have to do resets of the system or reinstalls of windows as it's a lot of time I don't have and this often creates more issues than it solves.

Not looking like I have much choice now though unless you have any other options for me to try first?

Thanks

Steve

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,699
Message 9 of 15

Another idea.......  In your first posting you stated that you had "uninstalled and reinstalled."  Was that in Windows Device Manager?  If not, go into Windows Device Manager and uninstall the camera and then reboot the computer.  When the computer is restarted Windows will detect the camera and reinstall it.  Possibly the reinstall will correct any conflicts Windows is having with the camera. 

dibble000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,651
Message 10 of 15

Hi -apologies for the delay, I've been away and just got back to this. Not able to skype the wife until she eventually ut it on her phone! Yes, this was uninstalled via the device manager and it does detact and install again - still co apps open or run it though. The Solution Centre did a scan tonight I notice and reported that the "Texture Pipeline Test" failed.....no idea if this is related and not being able to contact Lenovo directly is quite annoying - they seem to let forums handle their customer service for them.....Having said that mate, I am appreciative of your efforts here, thank you. Result code was WVC007004-UL7BYK if that means anything to you??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors