South Africa

8 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 1 of 3

IdeaCentre B520 desktop Booting problems

2012-10-02, 10:44 AM

Hello,

I bought a B520 about three months ago, after a week I could not get it to boot and eventually had it replaced at the retailer (Incredible Connection).

I'm now experiecing the same sort of problem with this one 2 months later. It went into sleep mode for a few hours. When I wanted to "wake" it up with my mouse and keyboard, nothing happend and it continued to sleep. Eventually I resorted to turning the power off by holding the power button in until it switch off. When I started it up again, after about 3 seconds the "power saver" display appeared, counted down from 10, then went back to sleep and I couldn't wake it up. The keyboard and mouse were clearly connected because the bluetooth light activates when I type or move the mouse. 

I tired the solution suggested on this site (unplug all power sources and cables then press power button 5 times then power up again) but that does not work. I now have to travel in order to get my work done on my companies computer. The retailer won't replace the computer.

Please let me know what can be done to restore this computer.

Options

1241 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaCentre B520 desktop Booting problems

2012-10-08, 17:27 PM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

It seems there is some issue with the power section , Please contact Lenovo local support center to have system verified for hardware issue

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Options

1 Posts

04-09-2013

Seattle

2 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaCentre B520 desktop Booting /// wake up problems

2013-04-09, 4:51 AM

I have the exact same problem - appeared only a few months after purchase. The additonal pain is that when I disable going into the sleep mode (under power management)  the system will still, during the night, go to sleep.

The only way to "wake it up" is to reboot.

When moving the mouse to wake it uo, I see as only reponse the lighting up and flickering of the Bluetooth indicator light. The hard drive activity light only weakly flickers if at all.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save