UK

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

IdeaCentre B540p Windows 8 Upgrade Issue

2013-01-21, 23:28 PM

Hi

I bought (at great expense) a shiny new Lenovo IdeaCentre B540p last October and recently upgraded to Windows 8. BIG MISTAKE I fear. Numerous loss of functionality and applications. Windows 8 does not work well either.  I've looked for driver updates but there aren't many. Im not very computer savvy so not sure what I should do next. Unfortunately I did not create a back-up disc!!!  I feel I need to downgrade back to Windows 7 but even then I'm not sure I'll recover all the applications or functionality I've lost.  I'm very disappointed that all the implications of upgrading to Windows 8 were not highlighted clearly beforehand as I wouldn't have bothered. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed? Thanks. 

Options

72 Posts

12-04-2012

Philippines

140 Signins

2186 Page Views

• Views: 2186
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaCentre B540p Windows 8 Upgrade Issue

2013-01-24, 19:44 PM

Hi RobV0402,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums.

Congratulations on your purchase, sorry to see that you were not able to create your recovery CD's prior to the upgrade.  It may be possible to order RCD's in your area.  There are RCD's available that allow you to return the system back to factory settings.  You can contact technical support in your area. Listed here are the contact numbers and hours of operation.  Please select your region.

There are a number on resources listed on our website providing procedures and guides when upgrading to Windows 8.  Here is one of them:  Windows 8 Upgrade Guide.

Regarding your next course of action, you can go back to Windows 7.  Going back to Windows 7 though, would mean you will have to order the RCD's. Alternatively, you may want to wait for updated drivers, or you may also try running the programs or apps under compatibility (apps/devices working with Windows 8).  

Hope this helps.

Don

Options

5 Posts

01-18-2013

Chicago

7 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaCentre B540p Windows 8 Upgrade Issue

2013-02-07, 4:43 AM
As you can see there are a lot of us on this board that feel this similar pain, I was told/lied by Lenovo sales rep that i should have no problem upgrading to Win8, what a bunch of crap..I just didn't have the patience and downgraded back to Win7 after purchasing Recovery Discs. Good luck and too bad that Lenovo coders can't get on the path with Microsoft, I'm sure Lenovo loses $ in profit from sticky issues like these that catch heat, how can you not have the proper drivers to be compatible with new OS????
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete