Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo All In One (AIO) Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

120 Posts

01-08-2014

United States of America

18 Signins

107 Page Views

• Views: 107
  • Message 1 of 5

Ideacenter B750 - Won't boot to CD

2017-02-07, 2:17 AM

I want to reinstall Windows and the Lenovo software from my recovery CD.  I have changed the boot order in my bios settings but the computer still won't boot to the CD.  How can I run the recovery?

Thanks.

Answer
Options

298 Posts

01-16-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

118 Signins

4119 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 4119

Re: Ideacenter B750 - Won't boot to CD

2017-02-07, 14:48 PM

Hi Mike20878,

Thanks for posting!

So you're current boot order in the BIOS is set for the CD-ROM as first position in the list? Aren't you able to reinstall Windows by repeatedly pressing the F2 button on start up, then when the Lenovo Rescue System opens, select OneKey Recovery? Obviously back up any data prior to this if needed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Replies(4)
Options

1 Posts

02-07-2017

Denmark

5 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 2 of 5

2017-02-07, 11:41 AM

Have you disabled Secure boot in BIOS? (If there is such thing) If it is enabled im not sure you can boot from DVD/USB

Answer
Options

298 Posts

01-16-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

118 Signins

4119 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 4119
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-02-07, 14:48 PM

Hi Mike20878,

Thanks for posting!

So you're current boot order in the BIOS is set for the CD-ROM as first position in the list? Aren't you able to reinstall Windows by repeatedly pressing the F2 button on start up, then when the Lenovo Rescue System opens, select OneKey Recovery? Obviously back up any data prior to this if needed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

571 Posts

07-07-2014

Philippines

314 Signins

10362 Page Views

• Views: 10362
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-02-07, 18:10 PM

Hi Mike20878, 

Please follow the steps below

Note : Make sure that the computer is completely off.
1. Turn the computer on and start tapping the F1 key before machine
starts loading the operating system (Windows)
2. Using the arrow keys of your keyboard, select the “Exit” tab and press “Enter”
3. On the Exit tab, Use the down arrow key to highlight the “OS optimized Default”
and press “Enter”
4. Once selected, you will get a small pop up box, highlight “Disabled” and press “Enter” .
  Note: A notification box will show after hitting “Enter”, Select “Yes” on that notification box
5. Once Disabled, select “Save Changes and Exit” or “Save and Exit” or press F10.
6. Immediately start tapping on F12 to access the Boot Manager.
  Note : If ever you miss the Boot Manager on first attempt, just turn your computer off by holding down the power button until the machine turns off. Boot Manager will list all available boot devices.
7. Look for the option which contains“SATA ODD”, “ODD”, “DVD”, or “DVD-ROM” and highlight it using your arrow keys.
  Note : Make sure RDVD 1 is already inside the Tray.
8.  Then press “Enter” to select.
9. The computer will restart and it will initialize the installation.
10. Follow the instructions on the screen to begin the recovery process.
11. Select your language and click Next.
12. Read the license. If you agree to the terms and conditions, select I agree to these terms and conditions and then click Next.
13. Once initialized, you will be prompted when to insert the next disc
Note : For RDVD, Once the computer is done with whole set of Recovery discs, the computer might restart several times before finishing the final installation phase. Once done with the instillation please go back in the BIOS and revert the changes on step 3 and 4. 

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Options

120 Posts

01-08-2014

United States of America

18 Signins

107 Page Views

• Views: 107
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-02-09, 3:39 AM

I was not aware of the F2 boot option.  OneKey Recovery didn't do anything, but I was able to use the other option to reinstall the Lenovo apps and drivers.

Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms