Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hupe
Paper Tape
Views: 1,413
Message 1 of 8

Ideacentre AIO 700 - NFC Software

Hi Folks.

I'm a newby Lenovo user in UK. I downloaded and hoped to use the NFC Connector which Ive installed but......  If I try to use a NFC enabled phone there does not appear to be a point on the front of the AIO where you can tap. I have basically "tapped" everywhere with no success. It claims to be suitable for the 700 24 ISH but I cant make it work.

Am I being dim or have I missed something?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Best Wishes

Dave

Naroxas44
Paper Tape
Views: 1,274
Message 2 of 8

Lenovo AIO 700 NFC Usage

The device comes with AC Wifi, Bluetooth 4.0, and a NFC Connector; thing is, there's no NFC connection spot and when I try to place my NFC phone where the spot is (after installing drivers and checking the schematics for where the connector is at on the motherboard) my phone just locks itself and nothing happens. I have the appropriate drivers and software installed as well for said Broadcom NFC connection, and I would love to actually use this feature. Thanks!

Mod's Edit: Merged this post with existing discussion.

Highlighted
avcarrillo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,293
Message 3 of 8

Re: Ideacentre AIO 700 - NFC Software

I have the same issue. I have the nfc connector installed on my phone, and placing the phone where the icon shows, but no communication

jorkaw
Paper Tape
Views: 972
Message 4 of 8

I'm not happy whith tis pc.

I have many blue screen.(Memory, power, and video).

NFC enabled phone there does not appear to be a point on the front of the AIO where you can tap.

I have PC from a week only.

Naroxas44
Paper Tape
Views: 969
Message 5 of 8

The NFC driver itself seems to have trouble initializing the device, repeating every 5 seconds, as can be seen from the Event Log within' Windows. While the hardware is definitely there, Lenovo seems to be lacking in implementation and I wish they would put more support into their product.

Additionally, this is my second AIO-700 because the first one was completely broken by a BIOS update supplied by the support page; needless to say, I just won't update the BIOS on the new one because it will do the same thing. I've never had a company engineer faulty updates for their hardware before, but it looks as bad as it sounds. I and many others would appreciate extended support since many vulnerabilities and exploits can occur due to outdated and faulty set-ups, especially in an age where ransomware is on the rise.

dezzza
Paper Tape
Views: 870
Message 6 of 8

I also have this problem when will Lenovo give us an answer

Naroxas44
Paper Tape
Views: 676
Message 7 of 8

This topic is almost a year old, wish there would be some sort of knowledgable reply here regarding this...

*Bump*

Niall73
What's DOS?
Views: 473
Message 8 of 8

Hi -

I have a AIO 700 27ISH for over a year now + have always been puzzled as to what happened to the NFC support.

Anyhow, I'm a software dev (that was writing NFC App for another device) + noticed my code was reporting that on this machine the NFC was enabled and working - but I'd never figured out where to tap.

Anyhow as it turns out - Lenovo have actually placed the NFC sticker (I'm assuming to indicate where it is supposed to be) in completely the wrong spot - assume this mistake was made at the factory - and in fact NFC DOES WORK JUST FINE (this is using Windows 10 with all the default drivers from Lenovo which I think includes an NFC one).

So anyhow - the (small) NFC bump window is actually located on the bottom right hand side of monitor (front) - just under the monitor display area + just above the right hand speaker area. It's not quite horizontally center of the speaker - maybe about 2cm to the left.

Anyhow if your drivers (and speakers) are enabled you can hear the proximity notification sound when you swipe an NFC tag accross it.

Anyhow - this makes my life a lot easier + can test my NFC functionality on this machine now.  Smiley LOL

ps - I've no idea why Lenovo support have not responded with this information + why it's darn near impossible to find out any information from them on NFC availability + hotspot location. Pretty poor effort I think.. btw - my sticker was actually on the left hand side - wonder if same mistake being made on all their units.. Smiley Mad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors