Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 22 (12,620 Views)

Intel HD Graphics 530 Display Driver Stops and Recovers, AIO700 System

I've had this All-in-One for about a month. Every day, several times a day, the Intel HD Graphics Driver fails. The message says it recovered, but I have to close and re-open any program I was using because it doesn't come back right. As I write this, I fear it is going to happen again!

I've checked for newer drivers and have found none. I've uninstalled and re-installed the driver as per instructions.This is annoying the heck out of me for a brand new system to be doing this and disrupting and even losing my work because I have to close a program to get the whole window to display. It doesn't work to just minimize a window either. All there is when it comes back are blocks of white and black where toolbars and work areas should be.

I bought this at a local electronics retailer. Should I take it back or is there something that I haven't yet thought to do that will fix it?

Sharon

in Illinois

Lenovo Technology Partner
Message 2 of 22 (12,544 Views)

Re: Intel HD Graphics 530 Display Driver Stops and Recovers, AIO700 System

Hi Sharon,

I feel for you but you can try this, I believe this will fix your problem.

Based on my experience, this issue is usually happening on the driver version : 10.18.15.4248. Since you have already unisntalled and re-installed display driver and it didn't fix it, I do recommend for you to try using this version : 15.40.14.4352. What I've encountered is if you were to install a driver from Intel website, you'll be getting the message "The driver you install is not validated on this computer", therefore you won't be able to install this driver, unless you uninstall everything and start once you only have Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. You can try the below step instead. It will be a lot faster.

Please follow these steps.

• Download the driver here. Download the zipfile then decompress/extract it.

• Open the extracted folder, then go to Graphics folder. It may say something like this (C:\Users\SuperUser\Downloads\win64_154012.zip\Graphics), then copy the path.

• Go to device manager, right click on Intel HD Graphics 530, then select Update Driver.

• Select let me pick, then go to Browse my computer for driver software.

• Once you're there select have disk, then paste the path, then hit next.

• It will install the Intel HD Graphics 530, without the use of the wizard.

• Restart the computer.

• Check back on device manager, you should have the updated driver that ends with 4352.

Let me know if issue persists.

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 22 (12,521 Views)

I followed your instructions, it didn't do it. Original driver is still there. But it did wipe all my personalization settings.

Message 4 of 22 (12,518 Views)

Hi Sharon,

May I know what is now the driver version listed on display graphics adapter?

Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 22 (12,512 Views)

[ Edited ]

It just now did it's stopped and recovered!

And again! This is getting real annoying!

Message 6 of 22 (12,498 Views)

Hi Sharon,

I understand your frustrations, there's always a way to fix it, don't lose hope. Smiley Wink

You can try the same method above but for a different driver, you can download it here.

After the installation, do this.

Hope this will fix it.

Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 22 (12,493 Views)

Nope, the dialogue tells me the folder does not contain drivers for my device. The update driver pick list window does have 3 Intel drivers shown in the list in addition to the Windows Basic Display Driver. They are:

10.18.15.4278 (8/17/2015)

20.19.15.4300 (10/1/2015)

20.19.15.4326 (11/18/2015) currently in use

What if I rolled back to the October or August versions?

Message 8 of 22 (12,484 Views)

Based on my experience, issues still persists on the versions: 

10.18.15.4278 (8/17/2015)

20.19.15.4300 (10/1/2015)

Based on other members, some issues were fixed and some came back on the driver version

20.19.15.4326 (11/18/2015)

The link I sent you on the first post was meant for the 15.40.12.4326 driver, my bad. Sorry.

This is the correct link for version 15.40.14.4352, here.

If you're getting the message, folder does not contain drivers for my device, make sure you were able to go inside Graphics folder before copying the whole path.

Example - (C:\Users\SuperUser\Downloads\win64_154014.4352.zip\Graphics), it may be looking for a file like igdlh64.inf

Or

Uninstall all Intel HD Graphics 530 on device manager, till you only have Microsoft Basic Display adapter. You may need to uninstall multiple times. Once you have Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, right click then go Update Driver then Search Online, it will give you the updated driver, but version may be the same as the previous ones.

Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 22 (12,473 Views)

Ok, I'm going to try these latest things. but it's probably not going to be today. I'll post back here tomorrow with a status report.

Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 22 (12,440 Views)

It appears the problem is solved, but not because of installing a different driver for the Intel HD Graphics. I wanted to use the camera. I was receiving the message "Something went wrong, the device is in use by another app".

I disabled every app in the camera settings. Still no go. I researched the issue and could find no solution. As a last resort, I uninstalled the camera drivers in Device Manager, rebooted and Windows re-installed the drivers.

The Intel HD Graphics has not failed and recovered since.

I was unaware that there was a camera issue because I had not used it since the 1st week when I was testing out this new computer, at which time the camera worked just fine.

Thank you for trying to help me, I appreciate the time and effort you spent on this. Had I not needed to use the camera, though, the problem with the graphics driver would still be unsolved.

Top kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count