Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo All In One (AIO) Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-17-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 2

LENOVO IdeaCentre AIO 510S Mouse Discharing

2017-08-17, 9:32 AM

Hi, I bought a LENOVO IdeaCentre AIO 510S and the Mouse usually discharges within 2 days, I'm using Duracell AAA Industrial batteries. On the other 3 Lenovo 510's we have the batteries are yet to be replaced once. I've been in device manager and deselected to keep the mice awake and not sleep but this didn't work and the problem persists, does anyone else have this problem or any resolutions? 

Options

4404 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

4589 Signins

52522 Page Views

• Views: 52522
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: LENOVO IdeaCentre AIO 510S Mouse Discharing

2017-08-17, 11:04 AM

I would probably start by resetting the power plan you are using, run a AV scan to check for malware and disable any startup programs as a test.

If you are running Windows 10, you might also perform a sleep study on the bad system, and compare its report to a report generated on a known good system.   

To generate a Sleep Study report in Windows 10

• Right-click on Start and Select either Command Prompt(Admin) or Windows PowerShell(Admin) depending on how your system is configured.
  • Type (or copy and paste) the following command into the resulting window and press  Enter

powercfg /SleepStudy /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\sleepstudy-report.html

Another useful report would be an an energy report (should work on Windows 8.1 too),  which is useful in pinpointing devices that are not properly entering the desired sleep state, and can be generated using the command below

powercfg /energy /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\energy-report.html

The resulting reports will be saved on your desktop, and can be viewed using any browser.

Cheers,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)