Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grinder
Punch Card
Views: 266
Message 11 of 14

Re: LENOVO SERVICE FOR B540

You must be one lucky custumer im still waiting for a call back i think i bougt this machine 

in 2012 its a B320E

Moderator Note; removed unnecessary blank fields

Buckie
Punch Card
Views: 257
Message 12 of 14

The 1962 fault is the connection between the hard drive and the motherboard. It's not a wire as such, it a direct connection to the motherboard so can't be fixed by yourself. It has to be sent back (I've had it twice on one PC and once on another, and they have had to repair it each time, all at their expense !

Customer Support should ask you to return it, and they arrage this for you, they also pay for it as long it's still in warranty !!!

alucciotto
What's DOS?
Views: 210
Message 13 of 14

Their support service should be called OneKey Recovery that's the only thing they know how to do!
DebbieD
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 14 of 14

Well, my B540 is six months out of warranty, and same problem. Took it back to Best Buy and they want $591.96 to repair it (motherboard, hard drive and SATA cables). I paid $850.00 for it brand new so guess what?. . .i will NEVER buy a Lenovo again, it's now going to the trash pile and I will buy something with better warranty coverage from a company who stands behind their products. This error 1962 is VERY common on the B540, I'm sure Lenovo is aware of it and yet, if your 12 months is up - even though it's a known issue - they do nothing and want hundreds to repair it. Lousy product and lousy service. DO NOT BUY!!!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals