Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NibbleCH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,647
Message 1 of 22

Lenovo A730 doesn't use Nvidia GPU with Windows 10

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 all my Games are not using the Nvidia GT 745A GPU anymore.

All drivers (NVidia and Intel) are installed in the last version without any problem.

I've tried to set the Nvidia control panel manual to Nvidia GPU without any change.

The Nvidia GPU Monitor doesn't show any activity and in the games you can see the low performance.

I've these problem with two completely different installed A730 machines. One of them are now downgraded to Windows 8.1 and everthing is now working as expected.

Thanks for you help in advance!

Regards

Martin  

takamine
Paper Tape
Views: 3,494
Message 2 of 22

Re: Lenovo A730 doesn't use Nvidia GPU with Windows 10

I have same problem. With Windows 10 Nvidia GPU isn´t working.

Installation looks fine but GPU missing switching on during games. Everything (unfortunatelly all games) running only by less Intel GPU. 

This must be problem for all users with A730 and Windows 10.

I used Windows upgrade from win8.1 and than only clear Win10 installation too. Both installation returned problem with Nvidia GPU. All drivers were from Lenovo update site. Than I tryed drivers directly from Intel and Nvidia sites. Again with isn´t working Nvidia. With Windows 8.1 wasn´t problem.

Question for Lenovo:  Is it possible make correct driver for switching to Nvidia GPU from Intel GPU with games? (with 3D greater load). 

Thank you a lot for yor reply and help Kamil

Guru
Views: 3,480
Message 3 of 22

Since you mentioned that downgrading works, it may be a OS compatibility issue. I do see that your model is on the verfied list, but some things (such as Nvidia driver) may not be ready. I would suggest holding a bit more until a furthur update is released

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

NibbleCH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,467
Message 4 of 22

I think this is maybe a Direct X12 or WDDM 2.0 issue. After installing the Nvidia Driver 350.12 and Intel 10.18.10.4252 it works. When the drivers are installed DXDiag shows Direct X 11 and WDDM 1.3 DriverModel. But in this combination the Blank Screen issue (Blank-display-A730-AIO) occurs very frequently.

Regards
Martin

takamine
Paper Tape
Views: 3,454
Message 5 of 22

I think that will be better stay with Win 8.1 now.  

I don't know who can be responsible for this fault. Who should be contact? Lenovo, Nvidia or Microsoft support?

By the way with downgrade to Win 8.1 I replaced current hybrid slow hdd to 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO and to free mSATA port was connected Crucial MX200 SSD 256 GB. Both HDD running with more than 500MB/s on A730.

On both was installed Win 8.1. From both HDD Win 8.1 started max to 1,5 s!!!  Robot Very Happy

Now is from A730 rocket  Smiley Happy

note. In Bios must be disabled secure boot to see both hdd in Windows! Old HDD was cloned including all particions (win 8.1 rescue particion too) by Acronis true image 2015 rescue CD. Directly from Windows had Acronis problem with boot to his utility when was system installed in mSATA too. The key for Acronis is part of Crucial disc package. Samsung has own SW but clonning is only without rescue partions.

Guru
Views: 3,448
Message 6 of 22

I would suggest staying on Windows 8.1 until new drivers are updated.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

NibbleCH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,405
Message 7 of 22

Just waiting for new drivers isn't very promising to be successful. Also it is difficult to test and when to upgrade again? I've a external HDD running Windows 10 just for testing purpose but I think this is against the license agreement.

I'm really sure these problem has every Lenovo A730 but nobody realise that until now. In addition it is difficult to find out who's the correct contact for it ( Lenovo, Intel, Nvidia ?). When I see the other problems (Blank screen) and how Lenovo reacts and how long it take to just get an answer. I think we will never get a Driver thats solves this issue. 

Regards

Martin

pegasus777
What's DOS?
Views: 3,353
Message 8 of 22

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Only the recommended very old combination of Nvidi and Intel driver works.

Waiting for and trying new drivers was not successfull this year since win10  is available.

Best regards

Henrik

Nickmair
Paper Tape
Views: 3,318
Message 9 of 22

Hi,

Its affecting the B320 model in the just the same way.

I get a black screen yet I can hear normal start-up sounds after boot and I can access the data on my B320 over the network, which helps a bit but is still very frustrating.

Nick

NibbleCH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,305
Message 10 of 22

Hi,

just to keep in mind for maybe some support from Lenovo ... this threat is about the issue, that the Nvidia GPU isn't used in Windows 10 at all.

Regards
Martin

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors