Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaroslaw1
What's DOS?
Views: 3,266
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo C50 - black screen after Windows updated

hello 

I have Lenovo C50  purchased 17 August 2015  running on Windows 10.

There has been some Windows updates that run really slow today. After updates  the screen  go to black and when I try to switch it on  I only get first lback screen with Lenovo sign. 

I have tried  plug it out and back .Didint help 

Does anybody know what can I do ?

BR 

J.

PS. Not sure  how long is warranty  on it ?

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,193
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo C50 - black screen after Windows updated

Hello and welcome to the Community,

A service tip has been released addressing a black screen issue after updating to RS4 / 1803. I think in your circumstance it would certainly be worthwhile following the steps for the solution offered. Please let us know the outcome.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht506677

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

jeremyFC
Paper Tape
Views: 3,180
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo C50 - black screen after Windows updated

I have the exact same problem on my Lenovo C50-30 purchased in July 2015.  After a big Windows patch was applied the night before, I was greeted the next morning with black screen and LENOVO logo in the middle (no cursor or animation).  Rebooted many times but same outcome.  Keyboard works, I can get into bios but that's it.  The suggested fix (above) requires booting into safe mode but can't do that on this side. 

Found this suggestion to disable the 'Lenovo Service Engine' ...
https://support.lenovo.com/ro/en/troubleshoot/LPT000285?firstpdt=LPT000284

... which miraculously returned my Lenovo to resume the prior patch update process where I remember it seemed stuck last before I went to sleep.  "Working on updates 75% ... Don't turn off your PC...." ... in just a few minutes, it's already at "84%" ... Went for a walk, it was done when I came back.  

Windows 10 update completed!

Next I wonder if I need to turn Lenovo Service Engine back on?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors