Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReddRe
What's DOS?
Views: 4,275
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo C540 Touch won't turn on

So I was using my lenovo all in one c540 touch and I went to take my baby a bath for no more than 30 minutes. When I go back to get back on Im sure it was probably in sleep mode but it won't turn back on(screen still works) but the power lights come on and I hear a popping sound and fans moving. I've taken the power cord out and put back in but still get the popping sound and does not come on. Need help!!

Guru
Views: 4,234
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo C540 Touch won't turn on

Yikes. Popping sounds aren't good, and seems like a hardware issue that might not be safe to handle. I'd advice you contact Lenovo support; they should be able to help you. 

For United States support, visit http://support.lenovo.com. Or, you can visit http://lenovo.com/contact. 

If you're out of warranty or can't reach them, just call 1-877-453-6686

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

ReddRe
What's DOS?
Views: 4,222
Message 3 of 4

It's not exactly a popping noise its like 10-12 clicks and then the power light shuts off, (the sound is like when you cut on or off external speakers or something. Its seems like its not getting enough power to actually work and I'm not sure if it's the power cord or maybe something with the hardware like you said.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,207
Message 4 of 4

Welcome to the Lenovo Community ReddRe !

The power cord is an easy thing to check if you have a voltmeter available.  Using the voltmeter, the center pin should be showing a voltage output of 19.5 volts.  If you don't have a voltmeter available then see if the local Best Buy or computer repair shop will check it for you. 

I would have the power adapter checked out first.  If it is determined to be working as it should then you can start looking at other possibilities for the issue.  In your area you can also use the Service Center Locator to find a local Lenovo Service Center.   Here is the link to the locator...

http://lenovo.force.com/bplocator

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors