cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlangan999
What's DOS?
Views: 1,426
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo IdeaCentre  A720 use as a Touch Monitor 4 a Mac Laptop  - ???

Hi 

I am wanting to purchase an A720 but have two queries I was hoping could be answered before I do.

1) Appreciate the Lenovo is an all in one PC but can it be used as a touch monitor for another pc.  I.e a working touch monitor for a windows 8 laptop. Connected through the hdmi socket - ? 

2) second can someone please confirm the touch screen used in the device I.e USB vendor and product ID per the below guidelines 

http://touch-base.com/documentation/Identifying%20Touch%20Screen%20controllers.htm#_Windows

Ideally wanting to connect the Lenovo to a mac mini / mac book pro buy some Mac Os X touchscreen drivers and use as a windows and a mac touchscreen.

Cheers. 
John
rpmlins
Paper Tape
Views: 1,385
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo IdeaCentre  A720 use as a Touch Monitor 4 a Mac Laptop  - ???

You shouldn't buy the A720 now...

For two main reasons... A720 doesn't work as it shoud with windows 8. Secondly, Lenovo just anounced A730, with better screen resolution, windows 8 installed. You really should wait for the A730, which will start to ship at June...

bigjohn1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,372
Message 3 of 4

Dang to late have the a20 now was a floor model and bought for a good price so far happy with it not so happy about the onekey not working after install of windows 8.

JHWa730
Fanfold Paper
Views: 538
Message 4 of 4

Greetings, did you ever try to use the A720 as a toushscreen off of another computer? I want to do this but not sure how. Thaks!!

Top Kudoed Authors