cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monotonny
Paper Tape
Views: 6,513
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Ideacentre 310S, Windows 7 Install Process - USB Mouse/KB not working despite Virtual KBC

I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on a Ideacentre 310S-08IAP, but the USB mouse and keyboard are just plain refusing to work. I'm initializing the setup from a SP1 install disc, deactivated SecureBoot in BIOS, activated all USB options, including legacy support and Virtual KBC. Neither USB 2.0 nor 3.0 are working, tried all ports. I also tried to make a Windows 7 UEFI boot stick using this method: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/home_is_where_i_lay_my_head/2012/10/02/how-to-install-windows-7-... and to integrate Intel 3.0 Host Drivers using this method: https://codeabitwiser.com/2014/03/how-to-install-windows-7-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/ All to no avail. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't for the life of me get mouse and kb working when installing Win 7. USB Input in BIOS and Windows 10 Home pre-installation are working fine.

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 6,474
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Ideacentre 310S, Windows 7 Install Process - USB Mouse/KB not working despite Virtual KBC

monotonny,

When you update the boot.wim, first check and see how many Indices there are.  You may have to update Index 1 and Index 2.

TLawson

monotonny
Paper Tape
Views: 6,455
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo Ideacentre 310S, Windows 7 Install Process - USB Mouse/KB not working despite Virtual KBC

I will look into it, but i'm not even sure if have the right driver. It seems there are no legacy OS drivers available for this hardware.

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 6,446
Message 4 of 7

monotonny,

In doing further research, we do not offer Win 7 drivers for this model and the only preload we offer is Windows 10.

I dont think you will be able to get Win 7 to run on there.  This may be an instance where the AMD processor is only supported in W10 and not W7, similar to the Intel Kaby Lake versus Skylake systems we have.

TLawson

monotonny
Paper Tape
Views: 6,434
Message 5 of 7

this particular machine runs a celeron. honestly, i'd like to see for myself whether i will run into any driver issues later on. all i need are working usb drivers injected into the win7 Installation. it should at least be possible to run the Installation routine. i mean... that's what legacy usb support and virtual kbc are there for, no?

monotonny
Paper Tape
Views: 6,414
Message 6 of 7

welp, nothing works, but thanks anyway. patching index 1 in boot.wim didn't help and uefi install just doesn't work at all. bootx64.efi taken from the win10 install freezes on startup and the one extracted from install.wim gives me an error 0xc000000d. 

GadgetGuru
What's DOS?
Views: 4,333
Message 7 of 7

I was on the same boat once... when nothing worked, I decided to create a Win7 OS image backup from a VM (or any other physical machine) and use Rescue Media to restore the OS on this Lenove IdeaCentre. MS and HW vendors are aggressively trying to eliminate W7 from market. Such a nice and lightweight OS, they shouldn't kill it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors