Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbhiShiku
Paper Tape
Views: 2,670
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Rescue System 3.0 - Unable To Create Recovery Disc

Hi All,

I just bought a new Ideacenter All-In-One B310 shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium, but my excitement is fast dying out. I am trying to create Recovery Disc using the "Lenovo Rescue System 3.0" however, it keeps failing when the recovery procedure reaches 43% with the following Notice -

"An internal program error has occurred. Failed: error code 0xEB1B068A"

A quick google check and review of this forum gave me some instances where people repartitioned their volumes to face similar error and restoring it back to their original volume sizes has resolved the issue. However, I haven't repartitioned anything out here and am just trying to create the rescue disk as the first step of the shipped product to me.

I have tried it creating 4 times and have literally wasted 4 of my DVDs that get ejected at this very point.

Please suggest what is the way out here.

Best Regards,

AbhiShiku

ghostwind
Serial Port
Views: 2,641
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Rescue System 3.0 - Unable To Create Recovery Disc

I had the same situation with my laptop a couple years ago. Just call tech support, they will send the disks for free.
AbhiShiku
Paper Tape
Views: 2,621
Message 3 of 8

Well, I contacted their technical support today and they reverted that they no longer ship the rescue discs. However, they will help with the solution and have given an ETA for 4 days.

rdonnelly
Punch Card
Views: 2,610
Message 4 of 8

Call again, do not say you have a case number, say you never called about the problem, if you get a new rep they might just send you the discs? And don't ask them to send you discs, let them suggest it to you.

The OS: Linux Mint Debian 64--------------------------------------------------------
The Hardware: Lenovo A700, 3.7 GB Memory, Processor x 4 = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27GHz
The Name: Bob
goodmayes
Token Ring
Views: 2,604
Message 5 of 8

They don't do the discs any more so they don't have anything to send.

You can use standard windows disc and number from the sticker. To copy preloaded software you have to install partition software to enable hidden recovery partition. Copy enabled partiotion to external drive, extract files and you will have all preloaded software and drivers in exe format.

If something goes wrong it's always better to do fresh installation than recover the system to factory state because you will have to install all updates again.

rdonnelly
Punch Card
Views: 2,589
Message 6 of 8

Goodmayes, if you ask for the CDs I doubt they will send them to you. All I did was call and say I was having a problem creating them, and they over nighted them to me with no questions asked. Which also took care of the problem I had in an earlier thread about getting my preload software. Smiley Wink

The OS: Linux Mint Debian 64--------------------------------------------------------
The Hardware: Lenovo A700, 3.7 GB Memory, Processor x 4 = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27GHz
goodmayes
Token Ring
Views: 2,578
Message 7 of 8

Rdonnelly, copy the cd's and upload them someware.

rdonnelly
Punch Card
Views: 2,575
Message 8 of 8

Good idea, I will have to create .ISO's. Keep in mind these are for US A700 64 bit only.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals