Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo All In One (AIO) Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-09-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga A940 AIO Monitor to PC modes function.

2021-03-28, 2:42 AM

The following questions and head scratchers' relate to the following machine and model. info:

Yoga A940-27ICB All-in-One (Lenovo)

F0E50043UK

User scenario: Hooking-up my old Xbox 360s using my Yoga PC as a monitor only for displaying the console output, using only the HDMI cable.

How do I access/operate/initiate the HDMI input to enable "Monitor mode" manually? ("HDMI" searches don't help. The mode switch button on the back doesn't do anything)

How do I use the Monitor in Monitor mode to control the volume and display features such as brightness etc? (My monitor has no physical buttons on it)

How do I switch back to "PC Mode" when in Monitor mode through the HDMI, without yanking the cable out of the port?

Does the "Monitor/Computer Mode Switch" on the back respond to HDMI input? (Yes, I assumed this switch would answer all my questions but nothing happens when pressed)

Users current usage/work-around:

Commencing Connection...

• Turn on Xbox
  • Plug in HDMI into PC whilst pc is on. The auto-detection of HDMI input automatically switches to monitor mode.
  • plays game.

The display is on and functioning, however, I don't know how to adjust anything. The keyboard input is nonresponsive.

Commencing Disconnection...

• Shut down the console in the normal correct fashion.
  • Wait for auto-switching into "PC Mode" - (nothing happens / black screen)
  • Have to pull out HDMI cable to return to "PC Mode."

I can't help but think this method of plugging in and out the HDMI is the only way to jump from display modes. It's very bazaar. Why would you want a Monitor mode with no way to adjust its setting on the fly? Very bazaar.

I bet I've got a hardware fault on my switch button...

Please see the image attached for a visual understanding of my predicament, highlighted in yellow and magenta are the key points. (HDMI & Switch)

Lenovo Yoga A940 HDMI & switch mode

Oh, the answer is yes, all drivers are up to date. This is the first time I'm using this feature.

What am I missing?

Any help or advice here, please.

Thank you.

Options

3122 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

590 Signins

23929 Page Views

• Views: 23929
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo Yoga A940 AIO Monitor to PC modes function.

2021-03-29, 13:28 PM

Hello @GazLenovonoob,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are you powering off the console or just setting it to sleep?

I've tried this on a different AIO and was able to produce the same interaction with a different console when setting it to sleep.

It's possible that this is the intended interaction with the HDMI however I'll go ahead and reach out to support for confirmation.

I'll post an update once one is available.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

02-09-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo Yoga A940 AIO Monitor to PC modes function.

2021-05-13, 9:02 AM
Hey, thanks for getting intouch. So, With the console I power it off as I dont use it as my main game console. However, my main concern is that the monitor switch button on the reverse of my AIO does not do anything (like its dead or something) even from new it hasn't worked. I assumed I could press that button and have it switch at any time between the two functions of "pc mode" or "HDMI mode" when they were both detected.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms