Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harrydunn4815
Paper Tape
Views: 185
Message 1 of 3

My internal mic has disappeared

When I go to Recording Devices, all that appears is Microphone Array, which emits ear-piercing feedback when Enabled, and Stereo Mix.  Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices both have checkmarks by it.  The inernal mic has magically disappeared.  How can I get it back?  Thanks in advance...

Guru
Views: 151
Message 2 of 3

Re: My internal mic has disappeared

Microphone Array is the internal mic. 

try reinstalling the audio drivers for your model/downloading the latest drivers from the support page. 

if that doesnt stop the feedback, check the properties of mic array. right click microphone array and click properties. go to the listen tab and make sure that "listen to this device" is not enabled. then check the volume and boost on the levels tab. 

I think that if both the gain is up and "listen to this device" is on, you will get horrible feedback on an all in one.

I am a volunteer. Please post your questions in the forum, as I will not reply if they are sent in a personal message.

W530(2436-CTO): i7-3720QM, HD4000 + K2000M, 32GB RAM, 1TB, 750GB Ultrabay, 250GB mSATA , Ubuntu 18.04, Ultimate-N 6300.
TP Yoga 14(20FY): i5-6200U, HD 520 + 940M, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Wireless 8260, Ubuntu 18.04
Yoga Home 900(27ibu): i7-5500, HD5500 + 940A, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows Insider Fast
Guru
Views: 150
Message 3 of 3

Re: My internal mic has disappeared

You might need to reinstall Realtek drivers. What's the model of your machine?

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors