cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lews
What's DOS?
Views: 1,273
Message 1 of 4

No Display on Boot unless put in to sleep, wake then turn on monitor switch Problem All-in-One C200

I have a c200 425 3gu all-in-one that has been very frustrating for 2 issues.   Since I've had it:

1.  On booting the computer, the screen is black.  I have to put it in sleep mode using fn/pc key, then once the power button is flashing (which sometimes takes several fn/pc hold downs), i think push the power button briefly.   Then the monitor display led turns on showing the monitor has been switched off.  Then I push the monitor power button and I have display. 

If I put it to sleep instead of turning off computer, it does the same thing.   

I have waded around the Lenovo support site until I feel like puking.   There must be a simple fix and it must be a problem on more than just my machine.   Very frustrating.   

2. Slow.   I have DSL, which isn't great but i regularly get 3MB download.   On my Dell laptop using a wireless connection, I have this speed.   On my bluray player I have this speed, again a wireless.   But on the C200, I have half the speed, whether wired or wireless.   I've turned off all virus and malware software, deleted all uncessary programs - plenty of hard drive space.   There is no gaming software or any fancy software.   This machine is just used for web surfing.   1GB Ram.   This thing should be faster.  Any ideas?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,258
Message 2 of 4

Re: No Display on Boot unless put in to sleep, wake then turn on monitor switch Problem All-in-One C

hi Lews,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

Regarading your questions, try to:

1. Reboot the computer in Safe Mode . If the problem doesn't occur, open Device Manager (click Start > Device Manager) and under Display Adapters, uninstall the display driver (this can be an Intel GMA3150 or Nvidia G305M). To reboot into normal mode, open msconfig and under General Tab, set it to Normal Startup and observe.

If the issue persists, but can hear something on the background, there's a possible short on the function board (this is the chip that controls the buttons at the lower right side of the screen) and you will need to contact Lenovo support for service. Support phone list here.

2. For slow Wifi, If you have the Atheros AR9285 Wireless Adapter and running Windows 7, you can try to:

a. Update your wireless card driver to v10.0.0.75, get it here.

b. Depending on your brand of router, make sure you disable WMM (Wireless Multimedia) and WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)

c. Use WPA/WPA2-PSK TKIP or AES encryption.

d. If you have a dual band router (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), try to use only 2.4Ghz band.

e. After applying steps a-d, try running a speedtest again via www.speedtest.net

Let me know your findings.

Cheers.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Lews
What's DOS?
Views: 1,245
Message 3 of 4

Re: No Display on Boot unless put in to sleep, wake then turn on monitor switch Problem All-in-One C

Thanks but the display problem still exists. Its not a problem on safe mode boot. I've uninstalled and installed the Intel driver 3150 and it doesn't help. I don't think it's a short though - or if it is I can't find it.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,240
Message 4 of 4

hi Lews,

If booting to Safe Mode doesn't re-create the problem, uninstalling the display driver would result to a Standard VGA Display graphics  driver. If this didn't worked, you can try to: 1

1. Update the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 via Intel .com.

2. If same problem, I recommend you backup your files and perform a system recovery (this is to isolate if this is a Windows issue (updates, drivers, etc.). - you can perform One Key Recovery by pressing F2 during boot up and follow the screen prompts.

Note:

Please backup your files before doing system recovery.

Also, the advantage about lenovo desktop computers is that they have Onsite (at home) service. If you're still in warranty, it'll also be good for a service technician to come over and check it out.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals