cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tasfid
Paper Tape
Views: 464
Message 1 of 4

Query about Lenovo AIO C340 Upgrade Features.

System:
I have a Leonvo C340 AIO PC.
Core i3, Intel HD GPU, 8 GB Ram, 1TB HDD
[Details specs is provided after end of the post]

It's been almost 3.5 years I am using my PC. No problem except display controllin buttons are not working anymore. And now I feel my PC need upgrade bcz its run slow now. I don't know about the motherboard much more. I didn't find anything helpful on the internat about this motherboard too [MOHABAY (SOCKET 0) H61].

CPU:
* Can I upgrade the CPU ??
* If I can which one is compitable ?
*How may I know ?
Youtube :  Upgrading AMD CPU for All In One With Desktop CPU not laptop CPU (HP)

GPU:
* Can I add any GPU ??
* If I can which one is compitable ?
* How may I know ?

RAM:
* I have the same questions about the ram too. Which Model should I buy (Compitable) ?

SSD:
I know the pc is too small. But I want too keep my HDD too
I watched a video on youtube that showed how they installed an SSD by removing the Optical Driver. They kept both SSD & HDD.

Videos:

01.  Replace optical drive with SSD or HDD on Lenovo ThinkPad T440p, T540, W540, W541

02. Lenovo AIO 700 DVD-ROM removal for SSD upgrade

* Is it possible in C340 ? How ??
* How may I know the compitable model ??

*****Please give me your suggestion/opinion to boost up my C340.

Thank You,
Tasfid Mahfuj

Details Specs:

Sum.pngSummaryMB.pngMotherboardCPU.pngCPUGPU.pngGraphicsHDD.pngMemory

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 440
Message 2 of 4

Re: Query about Lenovo AIO C340 Upgrade Features.

Hi Tasfid!

Welcome to the Community,

The CPU of your desktop is upgradable. You can check all the compatible CPU in the FRU list in the manual below,

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/lenovo_c340-440_hmm_20141010.pdf (See page 66)

As per the FRU list, the memory is upgradable up to 8GB max / non-parity, PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3*, two 204-pin SO-DIMM sockets.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/withdrawnbook/jwbook.pdf

Memory part no. are also listed in the manual link above (See page 68).

There's no slot in the AIO C340 where you can add graphics card. For the storage, the HDD can be replaced with an SSD, but it wasn't tested if another storage will work on the ODD bay. Getting suggestions from other users that have tried this configuration is the best thing that we can do for now.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Tasfid
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much. I can't see any core i7 processor on the list. Can you please suggest core i5/i7 processor model other then the list  ?

***** Please check this link

I
s it possible ?? Because the listed cpu r from the same famiy.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 395
Message 4 of 4

Hi Tasfid,

Thanks for getting back to us. Checking the list there is one available for i5 processor (I I5-3330S 2.7/1600/6/1155 65 E1 CPU) part number is 1100394. For reference you may use this link (page 66, last item under CPU)
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/lenovo_c340-440_hmm_20141010.pdf Let us know if you need further help. 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals