cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fairmarketvalue
Punch Card
Views: 863
Message 2 of 10

Recover Dead Display on Ideacentre AIO 700-27ISH After Scalar Fonts Improvement Firmware Update Fail

Good morning and Help!

I hope you can help me by clarifying some important information that you might have seen posted in this forum regarding the recovery of the AIO 700-27ISH display after the failed install of the Scalar Fonts Improvement Firmware package. I attempted to send a private message to the original poster about his or her solution, but evidently he or she is no longer a forum member.

In a thread about trying to recover from a Scalar Fonts Improvement Firmware install failure, the solution was stated as follows:

"I plugged in an HMDI cable between the HDMI out and the HDMI in ports (press round source button next to power button) and reapplied the 27" patch repeatedly until it successfully installed."

Has anyone been able to realize success with this solution? I am a neophyte and don't understand about the plugging in the HDMI cable setup. I have my spare monitor plugged into my machine's HDMI-Out port and can read the computer's display there, but don't know how to plug an HDMI cable into both of the AIO's HDMI-out and HDMI-in ports simultaneously, which is how I interpreted the posted advice.

If only one port should be plugged in at a time, which port should I connect to the second monitor? Also, once I plug in the cable, should I just press the round source button until something happens, or do I need to run the firmware update (again) as an adminisrator? Any clarification as to the setup used per the above posted advice and the exact recovery steps you took would be greatly appreciated, as this solution seems to be the only one that has been posted on the Lenovo forums that has resulted in the successful recoverey from the firmware update fail that has hosed my machine.

Thank you in advance for your help!

fairmarketvalue
Punch Card
Views: 969
Message 1 of 10

Re: Recover Dead Display on Ideacentre AIO 700-27ISH After Scalar Fonts Improvement Firmware Update

Tried to install the correct scalar fonts improvemen firmware for my AIO 700-27ISH. I mistakenly though it installed properly, but apparently it did not. When I rebooted, the screen when completely blank. Repeated attempts to reinstall as administrator have been fruitless-it shows 0% install and then goes blank. Can the display be recovered?? If yes, how?

Mod's Edit: Updated Subject line and merged this post and its reply in with existing thread on same issue.

rsteen
Paper Tape
Views: 828
Message 3 of 10

Re: Recover Dead Display on Ideacentre AIO 700-27ISH After Scalar Fonts Improvement Firmware Update

I had the same problem with the 24" model.  Did you have any luck?  Lenovo told me I would need to take it to a local repair shop because it is not under warranty, but none of my local Lenovo authorized repair centers work on this model.  I am very frustrated.

Rob

Mod's Edit: Updated Subject line after thread was merged.

fairmarketvalue
Punch Card
Views: 783
Message 4 of 10

No luck whatsoever. Since my unit was out of warranty as well, I tried to get the display panel replaced on my own account. Unfortunately, a mere 18 months after I bought the machine as a new model, Lenovo had end-of-life'd the LCD module, and no third party equivalents are available. I have, essentially, a large paperweight for which I paid nearly $1800 US. No Lenovo, ever again.

frangu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 653
Message 5 of 10

¿Pero cual es el problema? ¿a qué afecta la instalación de este firmware?
frangu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 653
Message 6 of 10

My problem was the one downloaded from the Lenovo page of the Lenovo Ideacentre AIO 700 Scalar Fonts Improvement Firmware software in which they put this driver or software for my pc. After installing it and restarting the screen is black and nothing comes out. I can only use it by connecting an external display to the HDMI output. I would like you to give me a solution to this problem. I also do not understand, in case you have knowledge that this could happen, how they put this software for my model that is detected automatically and they offer me the ideal updates for it. Waiting, please, can someone give me a solution whatever or guidance that may have affected my AIO and possible repair. Thank you very much

TM_TM
What's DOS?
Views: 486
Message 7 of 10

I recently had this issue.. The scalar font update should fix it. I couldnt update because it wouldnt complete and stay stuck on 0%. I troubleshooted the issue and reinstalling "windows 10 32bit" helped. I first had windows 10 64bit installed and after various installs of 64bit i tried 32bit. After doing so it worked.  There are some various ways to fix this issue but i think its better to share this way due to the complexity of the other ways. Thank you for understanding. (I dont work for lenovo and i am just a trained computer technician) *i hope my solution work to anyone who comes across this issue. Thanks!

psgcooldog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 421
Message 8 of 10

Can you also elaborate on the "more complicated methods" please?

I never thought of trying the 32-bit Windows angle ... that's brilliant!

PawelOl
What's DOS?
Views: 374
Message 9 of 10

I confirm. Being connected via hdmi port to another display, had to reinstall the system and repeat the scalar fonts improvement firmware update installation. Now, the installer's progress bar reached 100%. After rebooting the system the monitor has woke up. Conclusion, the scalar font improvement can be installed properly on a fresh system, as I guess.

psgcooldog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 367
Message 10 of 10

After I black-screened my system by trying the scalar fonts update, I tried many times to install the update with an external HDMI monitor connected, but it always failed instantly. 

So I purchased a used motherboard, but it arrived without the update installed.  After reading the post by TM_TM above, where he mentioned using 32-bit Windows 10 to install the update, I took out my boot SSD, installed a spare, installed a "scratch" copy of 32-bit Windows 10, then installed the scalar fonts update.  White knuckles while it ran, but after the reboot it was fine.

I may go back to my original motherboard and see if I can use that 32-bit SSD boot drive to recover it too.

When I do, I'll update this with my findings.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals