cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bus333
Paper Tape
Views: 185
Message 1 of 3

Replace T61 sound card on AIO 700 24ISH?

Hi, my system's sound has died (Windows 10).

In short, the system doesn't detect an audio processor (presumably Realtek).

I tried the steps here, which involved uninstalling the drivers, reseting the system to factory settings..etc but I still have the problem.

I also booted from a Linux live USB following steps mentioned here and that couldn't detect the sound card either. I'm thinking that this is a hardware problem. 

My question is can I solve this problem by replacing the sound card? or is there no sound card anymore and the only option is replacing the whole motherboard?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 169
Message 2 of 3

Re: Replace T61 sound card on AIO 700 24ISH?

First off, have you checked to see if there is a BIOS setting that could be the culprit?     

The screenshot below is from a AIO 910-27ISH, but my guess is that your system has the same option to disable/enable the onboard audio device.      I don't believe that your model has a PCIe slot for adding a different sound card, but the BIOS used on that model may still have that option.

Capture.JPG

If it is enabled in the BIOS, is the sound card even shown in Windows Device Manager (right-click Start >> Device Manager) under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"?  

The Realtek HD sound card is built on the system/motherboard, so if it has indeed failed, a far cheaper option than replacing the motherboard would be to obtain an external sound card and some good external speakers.    Below is one example of an external sound card.

Micolindun External Sound Card USB Hubs Audio Adapter to USB Port & 3.5mm Audio & Micro Jack for PC Laptop. Plug and Play (Blue)

https://www.amazon.com/Micolindun-External-Sound-Adapter-Laptop/dp/B06XNJLHXS/ref=zg_bs_3015427011_1...

Cheers,

Bus333
Paper Tape
Views: 140
Message 3 of 3

Re: Replace T61 sound card on AIO 700 24ISH?

Hi, many thanks for writing back. 

I did check the Devices under the Bios utility, but strangely it doesn't have Video Setup or Audio Setup. It has three options: USB, ATA Drive and Network setup. 

That's strange. Is such a thing even possible? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals