Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaxman32
Paper Tape
Views: 553
Message 1 of 3

S500 Thinkcentre create Windows 7 recovery media

I have recently purchased (July 2016) an S500 but cannot find a way to build factory recovery media.

The system is Windows 10 factory downgraded to Windows 7.  I know it has a recovery partition

but in the event of complete hard disk failure I would like to have a back CD's or USB stick

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 518
Message 2 of 3

Re: S500 Thinkcentre create Windows 7 recovery media

This?   How to creating Recovery Media for Windows 7

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Vaxman32
Paper Tape
Views: 507
Message 3 of 3

Re: S500 Thinkcentre create Windows 7 recovery media

Yep.

That’s what I thought it has been like that on the Lenovo’s I have worked with for the last few years. It’s not on this system. I now have Lenovo Rescue System 4.0. It allows you to create a backup. No option for factory media!

I have tried this and swapped in a new blank hard drive and “Repeatedly press and release the F2 key after turning on the computer until the Lenovo Rescue System opens, then select OneKey Recovery”.

This fails to happen on a new disk.

It works ok with the original disk but what I want to guard against is the drive failing in 2 years’ time and being in a situation where I cannot easily rebuild a new hard drive.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors