Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo All In One (AIO) Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-23-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

27 Signins

75 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 9

SCREEN STUCK ON CHOOSE YOUR KEYBOARD LAYOUT AFTER UPDATE

2018-05-23, 9:04 AM

Hello all,

I had my desktop for about 3 years now and not a problem with it. After the most recent updates were automaticaly installed the start up screen is stuck on blue "choose you keyboard  layout"screen. Mouse and keyboard do function but I could not re boot it. It did alow me to back up which I think I have done. I was wandering is there anybody out there that can suggest a solution. I have a lot of data on the desk top which I would like to save but at the end of the day all I want is to be able to use it. I have Lenovo C540 Driver Pack V1.1 which came with the computer can I reboot from it? I reaserched the matter a bit and found some suggestions about downloading windows 10 on to the USB stick and then rebooting from there......I am not very technical person so plese speak simple language if you think you can help me! Many thanks!

Frankie007

Options

10652 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32869 Signins

1222705 Page Views

• Views: 1222705
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: SCREEN STUCK ON CHOOSE YOUR KEYBOARD LAYOUT AFTER UPDATE

2018-05-23, 10:56 AM

Hello and welcome to the Community,

A service tip has just been released which I think may help your situation. Please review it and perhaps try the offered solution and let us know if it helped in your situation.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht506677

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

3 Posts

05-23-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

27 Signins

75 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 75
  • Message 3 of 9

2018-05-24, 8:53 AM

Thank you Andy! I will rty solutions sugested over next few days and post how I got on...

Options

3 Posts

11-11-2018

Belgium

10 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 4 of 9

2018-11-11, 16:00 PM

I’m having exactly the same issue after I used Disc Cleanup.

when I restart I get nothing else than the screen ‘select keyboard’. After selection I can chose between shutdown or solve issues.

None of the tools work. So I restarted by clicking on UEFI firmware, changed the boot sequence and restarted with a Windows 10 installatiion usb in it.

It gave no difference in the solve issues.

Than I’ve tried to re-install Windows 10, but it said that if I wanted to ugrade, I had to start Windows in a normal mode first and than execute the upgrade.

Online I’ve found several prompt solutions, such as fixboot. I’ve tried them all, nothing worked.

The solution in your link is not even an option as I can install anything.

I’ve found a way to start up in safe modus, but that gives me exactly the same view as in normal modus.

is there someone with a solution?

tx Mieke

Options

3 Posts

11-11-2018

Belgium

10 Signins

28 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2018-11-11, 16:11 PM
And I’ve tried to force it to shut down 3 times. Wont’t sart up anymore at all.
Options

3744 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

795 Signins

19388 Page Views

• Views: 19388
  • Message 6 of 9

2018-11-12, 0:46 AM

Hi! Is the computer stuck on a Lenovo splash screen? Was there any error message when you tried to turn it on? Is it still turning on? If not, try holding down the power button for 10 seconds while it's unplugged from the wall outlet. Let us know.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

11-11-2018

Belgium

10 Signins

28 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2018-11-13, 17:35 PM

The 10 sec trick worked, but I could not bypass the ‘chose your keyboard’ screen.

I finally ended up by using the ‘Novo’ button.

All data lost.

After re-install it started the Windows updates, it failed and I had to do a normal revovery. Next I was forced to do the Windows update 10.

So no possibity for any data recovery.

I’ve tried with Recuva, but after overwriting that many times all was gone.

Options

2 Posts

06-09-2020

India

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 8 of 9

Windows 10 keeps rebooting and stuck on choose keyboard layout

2020-06-09, 5:44 AM
Yesterday my laptop (ideapad 510) kept restarting itself on shutting down.....So I disabled fast boot and let it shutdown...And it did Now this morning I tried starting it....Then this choose keyboard layout blue screen appeared... I went into trouble shoot...But no advanced option works and there's not even a reset pc option. I need the laptop to work asap....Plz help
Options

1 Posts

09-01-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 9 of 9

Re:SCREEN STUCK ON CHOOSE YOUR KEYBOARD LAYOUT AFTER UPDATE

2020-09-01, 19:30 PM

We have seen a small trend of laptops with the sudden issue of booting to recovery mode / keyboard layout. ( We use T580 / T590s ).
I was able to fix one yesterday running Bootsect from a recovery / command prompt.  Prior to doing this though, I removed the SSD from the affected system, and put it in a USB drive adapter to connect to a working computer.  I first ran DISKPART from an elevated command prompt to view the partitions ( all were intact. ) I then mapped a drive letter to the hidden boot partition.  It looked normal ( the files / folders you would expect.  I then turned off Bitlocker on the drive and let it decrypt.  After that I reinstalled the drive back into the original laptop and let it boot to Recovery Mode.  Under Advanced, I went to Command prompt.

I ran the following:

Bootsect /fixmbr

Bootsect /RebuildBCD

( the output is in the attached picture file ) 

It scans the disks and indicated it identified one Windows installation.

It then asked "Add installation to boot list ? "  to which I answered Yes.

I then typed exit to go back to the recovery menu, and clicked to power off.

I powered back on and the system booted normally.

I checked Event Viewer, and the last update to install prior to the boot failure was Microsoft KB4569073.  I am not necessarily saying this update caused the issue, but it was installed within hours of the boot failure - so thought it was worth mentioning.   Hope the above info helps, and works in your situation.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)