Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
theromit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,938
Message 1 of 15

Should I see Intel graphics on my A720?

My A720 came with NVidia graphics and when I go to Device Manager, I see the appropriate device under Display Adapters. But since my PC has a core i7 3610QM, I was wondering if I should be able to see Intel HD graphics as well.

Should I be able to?

When I try to install the Intel driver, I get an error saying that my system does not meet minimum requirements.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,905
Message 2 of 15

Re: Should I see Intel graphics on my A720?

hi theromit,

For the IdeaCentre A720, this unit uses a discrete Nvidia GeForce GT630 GPU. AFAIK, the Integrated GPU is disabled on this model (which is also the reason why you only see the Nvidia GPU under Device Manager).

To check, boot into the BIOS, navigate to the Devices Tab and click Video Setup.

- Link to picture

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

theromit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,901
Message 3 of 15

@neokenchi wrote:

hi theromit,

For the IdeaCentre A720, this unit uses a discrete Nvidia GeForce GT630 GPU. AFAIK, the Integrated GPU is disabled on this model (which is also the reason why you only see the Nvidia GPU under Device Manager).

To check, boot into the BIOS, navigate to the Devices Tab and click Video Setup.

- Link to picture

Regards

Thanks. I am not in front of my PC right now but I am pretty sure I don't see that under Devices in my BIOS. Also, there is no BIOS update available on the support site - is there a way to get a newer BIOS?

theromit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,886
Message 4 of 15

I don't see that setting in the BIOS. Any chance I can update the BIOS?

Link to image

Moderator comment: Image(s) converted to link(s). For helpful information, please see: About Posting Pictures In The Forums.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,874
Message 5 of 15

hi theromit,

If you don't have the Video Setup option in the screenshot then the you most likely have an updated BIOS where the feature is hidden or disabled (the screenshot is taken from BIOS Revision Level: E5KT13BUS).

AFAIK, if there's no BIOS update available on the lenovo website, only authorized service centers have access to these files (most likely the reason is to prevent users from accidentally bricking their system from a bad BIOS flash).

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

theromit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,861
Message 6 of 15

Ok, thanks. So I should not worry that I can't see Intel graphics? My concern is that Intel has drivers to make Miracast possible, but NVidia doesn't. But the way my PC is set up at the moment, I can't even attempt to see if that is the case :-(

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,853
Message 7 of 15

Yes, you shouldn't worry that you can't see the Intel graphics on the A720 as this is most likely a design of the unit

Based from this configuration, I'm afraid that Mircast won't work as it doesn't meet the hardware requirements.

More info:

Miracast* FAQ

Windows 8.1.features Miracast wireless display

Regards

theromit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,844
Message 8 of 15

@neokenchi wrote:

Yes, you shouldn't worry that you can't see the Intel graphics on the A720 as this is most likely a design of the unit

Based from this configuration, I'm afraid that Mircast won't work as it doesn't meet the hardware requirements.

More info:

Miracast* FAQ

Windows 8.1.features Miracast wireless display

Regards

Yea, bummer because apparently the core i7 with its graphics has the driver to support Miracast :-( Looks like nvidia cannot switch (Optimus?) and maybe that's why Intel graphics are disabled.

Oh well. Let's hope nvidia support it in the future.

halabibk
Serial Port
Views: 1,005
Message 9 of 15

Can you please dump this Bios E5KT13BUS and share to update mine.

Thanks.

theromit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 971
Message 10 of 15

I don't understand what dumping BIOS means ...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals