Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pXL8
Paper Tape
Views: 3,934
Message 1 of 3

Sierra Wireless Broadband modem not detected

I have just taken delivery of a B50-30 All in One and it doesn't recognise my Telstra 4G Broadband Modem Device which plugs into a USB port and imports a Connection Manager which then initiates connection to the internet.. Although the machine makes  a tingle when the modem is plugged in (have tried all different USB ports) - this would seem to indicate that it recognises a new device - the Connection Manager icon doesn't pop up. The modem User Guide says it can be loaded manually by finding and clicking on the file "setup.exe". Couldn't find this file even though there is virtually nothing on this brand new computer. Any help appreciated.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,932
Message 2 of 3

Betreff: Sierra Wireless Broadband modem not detected

Hello,

does this Device appear in the Device-Manager?

Maybe there appear a new folder under "My Computer", when you plug in the Device, where the setup.exe is located.

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung markieren!

pXL8
Paper Tape
Views: 3,913
Message 3 of 3

Betreff: Sierra Wireless Broadband modem not detected

Hi, sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you but I've been struggling with a new computer, new operating system, old devices and online chat operators who kept cutting me off. The good news is that, two days after I got my computer, I am ONLINE. Yaahhh. And I have to say right now that trying to find answers to problems with an internet connection only to be told that you need to go online to find the answer is a so-called "solution" that happens so frequently  it's starting to feel like a deliberate insult from the GeeksWhoKnow to the PlebRunt (me). But PlebRunts might not have many skills but one of them is persistence. So, to make a long story short, I finally fixed the problem, which turns out to be an incompatability between Window 8 and Telstra mobile broadband software. I downloaded a new driver for the usb dongle, the Lenovo suddenlly decided to play nice and realise when it looks like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck it's actually a Telstra Connection Manager..and here we are, online. Thanks for the advice re the Device Manager which was helpful. I spent an hour afterwards going through lots of windows that I'd overlooked until then so KUDOS to you. And Rachael, the Telstra business tech  support person who walked me through the steps.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors