Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Docmark1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,990
Message 1 of 9

Slow download speed flex 20

Brand new flex 20 running windows 8.1 on wireless connection with charter internet 30Mb/sec service. I have a 5 year old laptop right next to it with celeron processor 4gb ram and g wireless gets 30-40 Mb/sec download speeds (Charter under bills there downloads and people routinely report >30mb speed). Brand new Lenovo flex 20 with all updates downloaded and installed gets 2 to 3Mb/sec downloads? Confirmed on demo units at 2 Bestbuys. Is there a fix?

sxstrngbndt
What's DOS?
Views: 1,879
Message 2 of 9

Re: Slow download speed flex 20

Anybody find a resolution to this?

I have two computers side by side, the Flex 20 showing 1-3mbps on the speed test, and the other with the full 30 mpbs that my service provides. 

The wireless is all but useless, which makes the computer all but worthless.

This started happening almost right out of the box.

I have updated the wireless driver from the Lenovo website, and this has not helped.

canelake
What's DOS?
Views: 1,796
Message 3 of 9

Same problem. Sitting side by side with my 2 year old MacBook Pro. MacBook downloads at 28 and the Lenovo at 8! 

Please help! 

Guru
Views: 1,779
Message 4 of 9

goto www.speedtest.net and post both results would make it easier to see
Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
scottm222
Paper Tape
Views: 1,648
Message 5 of 9

I am having the same issue. Brand new Flex 20. Download speed on wifi running around 4.5 Mbps. My old slow laptop is running around 18-20 Mbps download speeds right next to it. 

The interesting thing is that when I tether my Samsung Note 3 to the Lenova using USB3 and the same wifi connection through the phone my speeds are zooming close to 25 Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload. The cool thing is that it actually charges my note 3 while being tethered. It is probably the only thing keeping me from returning the computer.

/

Maybe this information is helpful. Anyone know of a goo place to buy a carrying case for this unit?

fel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,510
Message 6 of 9

brand new flex20 standing in front of the router:

DownloadUpload
58379 Kb/s44019 Kb/s

on my desk under 5m away from the router:

DownloadUpload
4451 Kb/s16337 Kb/s

I've read in review before buying that the wifi connection under performs compared with other AIO but this REALLY SUCKS!

Anyone had any luck in tweaking the performance other than adding a wireless repeater to boost the signal?

My wireless is already using 802.11n.

Thanks.

caris3
What's DOS?
Views: 1,411
Message 7 of 9

I just opened my brand new Lenovo Flex 20 last night, and am having the same problem.  In Networks, it says I'm connected to my wireless with 4 bars; however, nothing will load on the internet.  Occasionally it will work long enough for one website to load halfway through.  I did get it to work long enough to download Chrome, but even that took an hour.

I've checked to make sure my drivers are all updated, and I checked to make sure my Interet was working (it was fine for 5 other devices: iPhone, iPad, Mac laptop, Dell laptop, LG Android phone).  I tried changing the DNS to Google.  I tried changing the driver (as suggested on a different tech forum) and chaning it back.  I tried turning off the network adapter and turning it back on. For all of these, I tried restarting at different stages of the process (i.e. turn off adapter, restart, turn back on; turn off adapter, turn back on, restart).

Nothing is working.  Is there a way to fix this or should I just return it and get something else?

fel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,402
Message 8 of 9

maybe try tethering your handphone with lenovo to see if it can pick up your handphone wifi which should be right next to it. if it can't, maybe try to system restore first before returning it cause mine works fine out of the box just slow compared with my older notebook in terms of wifi strength. luckiy I have a spare wifi router which lenovo can pick up full bars so trying to use that router as repeater to boost the wifi signal for lenovo to pick up.

HandsomeWu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,172
Message 9 of 9

The original Wireless card is not good. Buy an intel 7260 AC mPCIe card. You can get 800Mbps connection

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals