04-25-2017

GB

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 11

Touchscreen going crazy

2017-04-25, 21:46 PM

Hi, i have an issue with my  AIO 700-24ISH All-in-One (ideacentre). Its only about 6 months old and i have started having problems with my touchscreen. Since last week it keep clicking itself in the top left corner. Sometimes so much that even the mouse cant overide it, and i have to use the keyboard to shut down. 

It comes and goes, but for now i have simply disabled the touchscreen to get around it. But obviusly i dont see this a permanent solution considering the computer is only 6 months old.

I have tried unplugging and holding down the power button to get rid of any static. I tried doing a scan for any updated drivers, but nothing has worked. Any reccomendations? 

Thanks

Options

11407 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39819 Signins

417064 Page Views

• Views: 417064
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: Touchscreen going crazy

2017-04-25, 22:04 PM

I cannot be sure without seeing it, but usually this is a hardware problem with a short in the touch digitizer.  Do you have a warranty?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

3 Posts

04-25-2017

GB

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 3 of 11

2017-04-26, 11:35 AM

It is still under the manufacturers 1yr warranty. But i use it for work, so any time without the computer is time i can not work.

Worth noting though is that i tried to recallibrate the touch screen and it just wont let me click on the crosshairs in the left corner near where it keeps clicking itself

Options

19 Posts

03-09-2014

GB

42 Signins

417 Page Views

• Views: 417
  • Message 4 of 11

2017-07-11, 11:09 AM

Hi there?
I am not a Lenovo man and not even a 'real' PC engineer any longer but....
1) Have the same problem as all of you
2) I know what causes it
3) I have a - sort of/temporary - solution
4) I have not yet found out how to cure it totally
5) I will report back here if I find a long-term solution
6) I would like YOUR feedback if my comments below help or you find different solutions

So here goes....
1) I guess you ALL have AIO systems or at least have TOUCH SCREENS
2) The mouse bounces all over the screen
3) You get sudden 'jumps' to another screen or even a new screen
4) THE ANSWER IS STATIC ELECTRICITY!!!!!
5) You do NOT have anything wrong with your PC per se
6) It's NOT your mouse or your screen!
7) You probably sit in a warm dry room with several devices using the same power socket
8) You might well wear silk or light cotton clothes (No! I'm not mad! They ALL produce body static!!)
9) If you have a printer nearby I bet all the paper sticks together
10) BUT the most telling thing is sudden 'blips' on your screen!!!! These are static discharges!!
11) You can see them when a) Your desktop or app had a DARK background b) If you touch a dark area of your desktop - you will see a quick circle like a drop of water in a pool! That is you finger discharging to the screen!
12) That is how the touchscreen knows it is being touched!! It is body (or device!!!!) static
13) The screen and your system MAY be well earthed but the earth line can also give you back static from other devices attached through USB, ethernet, keyboard, mouse AND the power input port itself!!!! You can also get it via your (real) desk/work top, piles of paper, your clothing and various other ways!!!
14) It's BL@@dy hard to stop!!! It's even harder to find what is causing it! I KNOW... I've had it for weeks and tried all sorts of weird stuff!!
15) I find it is not half as bad if I disconnect most of the items eg. printer, wire/USB mouse and (especially) the ethernet cable... but that screws your system totally!! :=((
16) It is also better in a humidified room (ie. 'wettish'), in colder weather and... no clothing!!!
17) Seriously though one Lenovo website does suggest the following...
a) Power down b) Disconnect ALL cables including the power input c) Press and hold the power-on button (for me it is on the right of the screen) for 60 seconds d) This is supposed to discharge it e) It works!! The problem 'recedes' BUT... it soon comes back!!
18) On top of this I also find that my RJ45/Ethernet cable from my router produces a LOT of static or at least it seems to be a lot less if I disconnect it but - of course - who can live without your internet. If it gets really bad I use just the wireless connection...? But it never (yet?) goes away totally!
19) BTW... if/when you discharge the system (as above #17) the touchscreen icons work again... for a while!
20) The recent weather here in the UK has been very hot and static is high. Today it is much cooler and the problem is far less 'active'!
21) I am currently testing/running a single static discharge cable from/to all my devices and especially the screen/processor and connecting one end to the central heating system!! I'll let you know if it works!!
22) Finally... if YOU find a better solution to the static then let us all know!!

More anon no doubt...

Dr Anthony (Tony) Newey

Options

19 Posts

03-09-2014

GB

42 Signins

417 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2017-07-11, 11:11 AM

See my reply online

Options

3 Posts

10-30-2017

GB

3 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 6 of 11

2018-03-25, 17:23 PM

I’ve had two of these and this happened to touchscreen within 6 months with both! We had a plan with Currys so exchanged the first one and now they don’t sell them anymore (thank god!) so we can try a different brand!

Options

1 Posts

11-17-2018

US

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 7 of 11

2018-11-17, 13:15 PM
Hi,

I had this problem with my Lenovo P400 Touch since 2013.

Here what I just did and my screen problem resolved. I have disable my touchscreen function and immediately solved my crazy screen problem.

Go to System, Device Manager, Human Interface Device, Then click on HID Compliant Device (I had 3 but I choose the first one), then click Disable.

Problem solved.

I don't care about my touchscreen, I just want to do my work.

I hope this helps.

Adios

Options

5 Posts

05-21-2016

UK

10 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 8 of 11

Re:Touchscreen going crazy

2020-06-15, 8:25 AM

I'm having this issue on mine.  Sounds like a very common one and I'm way past my warranty.

I know there's not much that can be done but I'll be swerving Lenovo products for the foreseeable future.  When I pay £700, I expect the product to still be functioning in four years.

Options

19 Posts

03-09-2014

GB

42 Signins

417 Page Views

• Message 9 of 11

2020-06-15, 10:20 AM

Hi. I know exactly what the problem is/was and how to solve it!!! 

I bought my partner a Lenovo Touch screen in 2015 after she has a small stroke. Like you (all) said and as I said above the screen went crazy!! The only way I was able to use the system was by disabling the HID Touchscreen function.

BUT THEN...!!! Last year (2019) the power unit failed so I looked for another. I liked the system in general ant it worked excellently with an SSD! But I had forgotten about the touchscreen issue!
On powering up a second hand but excellent system (hardly used) I found the touchscreen worked PERFECTLY and STILL DOES.
As a retired senior technical manager of IBM (we sold the business to Lenovo) I looked for the answer and found it easily. Essentially there are TWO DIFFERENT TOUCHSCREEN DRIVERS!
I THINK one was by Intel and the other by Realtek. I will go and check later today which was which. If my (80-year old) memory is correct the old was Realtek and the NEW one Intel. But more later.

YOU NEED TO COMPLETELY REMOVE THE TOUCHSREEN DRIVER YOU HAVE AND INSTALL THE OTHER. I believe BOTH can be found on the Lenovo website under the software for YOUR system??

I will check later today and write further although the OLD system was dumped after removing the HD (Hard to find and do!!!!)

If you cannot find it then I will send you the details of the driver, the manufacturer and the software level!?

Tony Newey

Options

5 Posts

05-21-2016

UK

10 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 10 of 11

2020-06-15, 11:04 AM
Thanks, man. That'll be useful if it works. :)
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete